Rut in East Texas

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Rut in East Texas

Rut activity in East Texas, I haven't seen anything yet. I hunt off HWY 21 between alto and nacogdoches, in the past few years, Rut has been in motion at this point. Just curious if anyone has seen rut activity.

Hunted all last week in sabine national forrest and did not see any. Just a few scrapes showing up.

Comment

Not much going on as I've seen, but hopefully things will pick up soon (a nice cold front would help)

Comment

Just beginning to make rut rubs in our area. Should start to start real soon!!!

Comment

saw a 17-18" wide 4.5yr old 9pt chasing saturday morning (11AMish)... he let me get within 30yds of him before he felt it was too close for comfort. (not far off hwy 21 between Nac & SA)

Comment

My neighbor has property in Alto and he just started to see some scrapes. Saw some young ones pushing does around but does not having it. That was this weekend.

Comment

Not on in Groveton yet. I've eights feeding with does this week that didn't pay them any mind.

Comment

Originally posted by d_e_smith View Post
                saw a 17-18" wide 4.5yr old 9pt chasing saturday morning (11AMish)... he let me get within 30yds of him before he felt it was too close for comfort. (not far off hwy 21 between Nac & SA)
                I sure hope this was while you were hauling hay and you were bowless... Otherwise, you're getting an earfull next time I see you!

I watched two young bucks licking/chewing and rubbing their heads on branches (100 yds away) last Saturday, in Leon Co. Shouldn't be too long now.

Comment

Saw a 3.5 yr old buck run a doe off Sunday morn and a 2.5 yr old buck grunting and running through the woods with his nose to the ground.

Comment

East of Nac, had a 6 point walk through and paw out a small scape saturday morning.

Comment

Originally posted by head View Post
                      I sure hope this was while you were hauling hay and you were bowless... Otherwise, you're getting an earfull next time I see you!

he was on the game preserve...and yes, I was on the tractor jamming to some Lil' Troy.

Comment

last week of bowseason it will be on.

Comment

Had a young 8 chasing does like crazy this evening.

Comment

houston co. rut

They have just started this past weekend, with this cold weather on the way it will on like donky hong!

Comment

Originally posted by d_e_smith View Post
                              he was on the game preserve...and yes, I was on the tractor jamming to some Lil' Troy.
                              figured I'd catch you ridin dirty!

Comment

Working...
                              X