No announcement yet.

Back to Back P&Y Backyard bucks

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thanks Mo, welcome to the site, I have only been on here afew months myself, lots of good info, and some decent stuff on the classifieds too, you can tell it is getting close to season though, because the good stuff goes pretty quick. I am just south of 1093 and just west of 99. There are some very nice deer in the area that is for sure. I saw a nice 8 last year that should be in the 150's this year as well. I have pics of one on my camera that should go in the high 120's this year, but he is only 3. I have watched him from the time he was a button buck. The deer that I had hoped to take this year was killed on the highway about a month ago. He was already in the 140's then.

Good luck and hope you get him, just make sure he doesn't net score higher than 151 I would like to be able to keep that ego booster

Comment

I know where your huntin spots at I think. Are you next to that little airport? I never would have thought there would be big bucks like that over there. Is 151 the record for Ft. Bend last year or all time? Your right about the good stuff going quick in the classifieds on this site. I picked up Mathews LX yesterday from a guy down in El Campo. The bow looks almost new and I got it for what I thought was a very fair price.
      I'm going to set up my game cam and see if I can get a picture of the bad boy I'm scoping out. I'll share pictures if I'm successful. Did the deer that got ran over get it on 99 or 1092? If he was on 1092 did he have an E-Z tag? Every time I get on the West Park toll road I'll be looking out for you and your buck. Thanks for sharing.

Comment

I don't hunt too far from the airport, a buddy of mine actually got permission to hunt on the airport, he knows the owner well. Don't bother asking if you can hunt there though, my buddy begged for 3 years to be able to hunt there, and the old man doesn't want anyone else there. I haven't even asked cause I don't want to ruin it for him... The buck that was killed was on 99.

As far as I know he was the all time record in Ft. Bend with a bow. At least none have been scored or entered into P&Y that are bigger.

Comment

I don't hunt too far from the airport, a buddy of mine actually got permission to hunt on the airport, he knows the owner well. Don't bother asking if you can hunt there though, my buddy begged for 3 years to be able to hunt there, and the old man doesn't want anyone else there. I haven't even asked cause I don't want to ruin it for him... The buck that was killed was on 99.

As far as I know he was the all time record in Ft. Bend with a bow. At least none have been scored or entered into P&Y that are bigger.

Comment

I won't bother the airport dude or the lucky guy that's hunting there. I got my eye on a small piece of property on the west side of FM 732 past Foster/Brisco Schools. It's for sale so I hope I can talk the landowner into letting me hunt there. I've seen small hogs walking around in the daytime there. I like the idea of hunting locally. I've been hunting Llano/Junction area for the past 8 years. The hunting out there is great but the drive sucks. Cheers!

Comment

nice bucks

Comment

Very nice pair of P&Ys! Congrats!

Comment

Nice deer!

Comment

Working...
                  X