Back to Back P&Y Backyard bucks

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Back to Back P&Y Backyard bucks

Back to Back Bucks from behind my house in Ft. Bend County. Not 100% positive, but I believe they are both county records for whitetails taken with a bow in the Ft. Bend County. I have seen the one that will hopefully be #3 in as many years. I already have him on film this year. First one scored 151 net the second one scored 141 6/8 net. Wish me luck this year.

Daaaaaaaang! Who needs a lease when you got a yard like that!

Congrats.

Trailboss

Comment

Nice! I bet those caused your blood pressure to go up!!!!!!!!

Comment

You had better enjoy that. It is going to be hard to beat. Congratulations on both counts.

Comment

Believe it or not, the first one I didn't even get a great look at before I shot him. I saw a big mature buck with a nice rack. Two weeks before I had actually hit the second one with a glancing blow and never found him. I was sick So all I did was focus on shot placement on the first one. He stepped out of the brush at 8 yards and swallowed 400 grains. Needless to say there was no ground shrinkage on him. I spent the next season hunting the one that I had knicked the year before. I rattled him in to ten yards at one point and couldn't get the shot off. So I was on a mission to take him and yes the heart rate was pumping. I finally got a shot at 40 yards while he was pushing some does, that Hoyt was hungry so I let it eat!!!! You can still see the scar on the mount at the shoulder where my arrow glanced off. I got to watch both of them fall which was awesome!!! The first one went 40 yards and fell over and the second one went 15 yards and did the same. Makes for a lot easier tracking job!!!

Comment

Very nice!!!!

Comment

Good looking bucks.

Comment

Now that is awesome. heckuva good job.

Comment

Can I rent a room from you?

Comment

Congrats on two great bucks and good luck this year

Comment

Congrats on the backyard P&Y !

Comment

All,

Leave him alone / keep your hands off!! He's all mine...I found him, educated him with all my skeels (taking him hunting on my place), educating his son with all my baseball prowess, taking him fishing next weekend and I've yet to get an invite on his trophy palace. Another darn selfish Aggie....btw, who took the last pic?

Last edited by GARY; 04-24-2007, 07:40 PM.
                        Proud member since 1999

Gary's Outdoor Highlight of 2008:

http://discussions.texasbowhunter.co...highlight=GARY

Comment

Good Luck! Wish I had a back yard like that!

Comment

The guy that took the pic only shoots big ole flat head nannies with his bow. And Gary if it was my land, I would invite you to hunt on it (after I killed the 3rd, a man can't be too greedy) but it isn't. But hey, I'll let you come hunt my new place this year. Besides, there are only about 7-10 deer that come through that place each year. 7 are usually repeat customers half of those are does and then 3 or so random bucks are seen during pre-rut. I'll let you come shoot a spike or a management doe. They need killing too and I know you have no problems with that.

Comment

Those are some very nice bucks!

Comment

Working...
                              X