First Bowkill!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

First Bowkill!!

Decided to go sit in the my bow stand for the first time this evening. Just was crawling into my stand when the feeder went off. Scared the crap out of me. Started off kinda slow. Then about 7:30 a small buck showed up and soon 4 does came in. Sat and watched them for a while. Tried out different things in the stand to see if I would get busted. I thought I had. One doe blew and they all scattered. Halfway through cussing myself, out pops a half dozen young pigs followed by 2 sows. They came in a to my feeder made themselves at home. They didn't present a shot immediatley, so I sat back and watched. The sows got to arguing over the corn and one spun around, quartering away. I grabbed my bow, drew back, settled in on a spot and THWACK, solid hit. Dropped in her tracks. I waited for my wife to show up and about 20 minutes later the sow still hadn't expired. I ended up getting down and slitting her throat. I didnt get a pass through and the head didn't even puncture the skin on the opposite side. I attached photos of the entry and where I could feel the broad head under the skin. What did I hit that prevented the pass through and that dropped her in her tracks. Is the spine that low?

Click image for larger version

Name:	Hog 1.JPEG
Views:	1
Size:	190.5 KB
ID:	24777735
    Entry "Exit"
    Click image for larger version

Name:	Hog 2.JPEG
Size:	51.8 KB
ID:	24777736 Click image for larger version

Name:	Hog 3.jpeg
Size:	39.8 KB
ID:	24777737

Nice Porkage, Congrats. Opposite shoulder bone or just the movement at the time of impact. Could be the broadhead too.

Comment

Congrats!

Bisch

Comment

id take a look at your broudheads but pigs are alot thicker than deer and they have some tough hide too.

Comment

Congrats,nice pig.

Comment

Congrats on the hog! What kink of head are you using?

Comment

Great shot. I can't imagine you hit the spine unless it took a hard angle after entrance. Not sure what BH you shot but it should have been a good hit.

Comment

Looks like a good hit. Same as above, which BH?

Comment

I am shooting the NAP Nightmares.

Comment

Congrats Mark,

See all that practice Friday night paid off.

Comment

Good pig Mark, must have trimmed the spine a bit, an arrow can make some erratic twists & turns upon entry. You gotta love those short tracking jobs ,

Comment

Congrats.
                        Best feeling in the world!

Comment

I'll stand by what I suggested last night. You probably clipped her spine. If she barrel rolled during the shot, the shot may have ventured up, clipped the spine, and then lost momentum. Either way, pork down, and congrats on the first of many. The addiction is complete.

Comment

congrats

Comment

Congrats! I guessing the opposite shoulder or leg bone stopped you from getting a pass through. Either way, you got the first one in the book and it's on now! Good luck.

Comment

Working...
                              X