No announcement yet.

Just found a DEAD 22yo Honduran Immigrant

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Deporting all illegal immigrants is far beyond a level of complexity that anyone of us could ever understand. People getting here illegally is only a fraction of the problem. People who got here legally and who have now expired their visa are working here illegally too. This is a group that continues to grow. Not all immigrants risk their life to be working here illegally.

If for every illegal immigrant you deport you get someone off welfare and put them to work, then we might actually get somewhere. Slowly the demand for their type of labor will be replaced with those that have been milking the system for generations. Problem is, why is somebody gonna go bust their butt, when dad & grampa both lived off welfare their entire life. They know no better and do nothing positive for society other than drain our funds. Guess what these are 100% born & bread Americans. It is obvious that immigrants aren't the only problem here. It is as simple as supply & demand. If our lazy "on welfare" work force would step up and take these jobs, there wouldn't be the demand for them to be filled by immigrants that got here legally or illegally.

Comment

How many hundreds of thousands of our ancestors made the same sacrafice just to get here? Untold, but to him the trip was obviously worth making. Look around and you'll
      remember why.

Comment

Originally posted by Livin'2hunt View Post
        How many hundreds of thousands of our ancestors made the same sacrafice just to get here? Untold, but to him the trip was obviously worth making. Look around and you'll
        remember why.
        It was millions who immigrated to the US.

I don't know what the 1st thing my grandparents did when they got off the boats from the Czech Republic, but I know what it was not- they did not break the law of the country they came to as their new home.

Back to the original post (and point). It's a shame the fellow died what was probably a horrible death in the Texas heat. But he made the trip of his own, free will knowing the reward and the risks.

Read Buchannon's books. It puts a logical perspective on the largest illegal immigration in the history of the world going on in the USA today.

Comment

Wow, some show more compassion for a deer than for another human being.

I thank GOD everyday that I was born in Texas,America. If I wasn't, I would try to get here no matter what means necessary. It is a risk worth taking.

Comment

Way back when, a group of English people had had enough of the country they lived in and immigrated to the New World. As these people became established, they expanded. They expanded west into Indian cultures breaking Indian laws. History is just repeating itself. People will always seek out better conditions to live in. Especially when your talking about the basics like food, housing and such.

My point is this, I don't like illegal immigration, but I get it. I would do the same thing if I were in their shoes. I think people should place the blame where it belongs. On the Federal governments of both the U.S. and Mexico. Blame the crooked Mexican government for keeping their people in poverty and encouraging them to leave. Blame the U. S. government for enabling the Mexican government to stay corrupt.

I have known a few illegals in my years. Some of them were really great persons. All of them just wanted a better life, just like our own forefathers did.

Comment

Many just don't realize how much water they have to carry to make it safely through the hot desert brush. Many are found with a coke bottle and nothing more. One gallon per day is the bare minimum. Sad way to go.

Comment

I have a soft spot in my heart for the illegals. At least they will work and all the ones I know seem to be good family men. A welder from Mexico can not get a Visa to work here. I have tried to help some and it just can not be done. I would rather see them take everyone off the welfare roles and send them to Mexico. I hate a man who will not work.

Comment

Originally posted by buff View Post
                  i have a soft spot in my heart for the illegals. At least they will work and all the ones i know seem to be good family men. A welder from mexico can not get a visa to work here. I have tried to help some and it just can not be done. I would rather see them take everyone off the welfare roles and send them to mexico. I hate a man who will not work.
                  amen.

Comment

Originally posted by AtTheWall View Post
                    Rough way to go.....Texas heat is an absolute KILLER for those unprepared.

Prayers out for all involved.
                    x2

When I spend 2 days in the heat at my lease near Brackettville/Del Rio, I always wonder how these people make it....I guess some don't.

Comment

Wow, that is crazy!

Comment

Originally posted by Hillybgigem View Post
                        Compassion is the key, Like Legdog said.

It was a life that was lost, a young life at that. Regardless of motives and political agenda the fact that he risked his life to better himself says a lot about the character of that man.

He is not any lesser of a person because he died doing something illegal in the eyes Americans; when in the eyes of his family he was being courageous and brave to explore a better life.

If I was in his shoes, I would have undoubtably done the same.
                        Exactly

Comment

Originally posted by pablo honey View Post
                          so many shades of grey....
                          i guess when you grow up in south Texas and work with these people you have a different opinion about them. yeah, i'm all for kicking out the lazy lawbreakers.
                          but not all wets are bad. i'm no judge or jurry, and won't wish a death sentence on any person that i know nothing about.
                          Pablo hit it square on the head, the drug runners and the coyotes I wouldn't mind decorating a few Oaks down here with them bass-turds But if they come over and pay income tax (YES some of them do pay income tax because if your paying uncle Sam he don't care if your illegal or not)

We did build houses and highways in the USA 20+ years ago with American workers. What's changed that we need to import an 'underclass' to do it today?
                          Simple, we want to be paid more to do it then the other guys, have full benefits and get what we thinks coming to us. 20 years ago the guys working construction (my dad included) were the wetbacks, no health care, no benefits, just a job to put a roof over they're heads and off the streets. You couldn't build a affordable house with what folks would except as fair wages for building it.

Comment

Originally posted by rem788 View Post
                            The key word left out of the title was ILLEGAL
                            True

Comment

Unaware there are that many liberals here.
                              Wait until the commercial loan failure hits, coming soon. We have not even seen close to bottom of this recession/depression yet. Cali is bankrupt due to illegals........What alll you holier than thous gonna do when recession REALLY kicks in and y'all can get a job because the illegals have all the sheetrock, factory, road, plant work????

Comment

Originally posted by Boarwhisperer View Post
                                Unaware there are that many liberals here.
                                Wait until the commercial loan failure hits, coming soon. We have not even seen close to bottom of this recession/depression yet. Cali is bankrupt due to illegals........What alll you holier than thous gonna do when recession REALLY kicks in and y'all can get a job because the illegals have all the sheetrock, factory, road, plant work????

There is nothing conservative or liberal about compassion for a dead man.

There is not one person on this thread saying illegal immigration is not a problem.
                                Last edited by Legdog; 07-25-2009, 03:45 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X