Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Woo Hoo!

Going for rifle season in Unit 8.
    A good friend has access to 10,000 acres and maybe more. He was out on horseback the other day checking cows and said the deer are coming along nicely. He has found some monster sheds this year, and I have seen pictures of previous deer they have shot and all I can say is

Comment

Am I right? $322.50 over the counter for the left over tags? I can't find it on their website.

Comment

Supposedly over 4000 tags leftover. Every unit has leftover tags.

Comment

HOL permit for me. Heading up for a weekend in Oct, then a week in Nov (and again in Dec if I don't fill my tag).
          They have really opened it up for non-residents. Pretty smart, what little money that was coming from landowners for transferrable tags is now a lot of money coming right from non-residents.

Comment

Originally posted by Landrover View Post
            BOO-YAH!!!! Everyone that put in for non-resident archery got drawn per the Witchita Eagle Newspaper!!! (Google Rocks......and my buddy that just called me from Witchita about 360 acres for sale! Oh, it's 78 degrees there also.)
            Quick Facts:
            16,268 non-resident applications this year (14,624 last year)
            10,000 first time applicants
            20,000 non resident permits were offered this year
            4,600 permits left over on first come basis starting in about 2 weeks!
            All units have left over tags....some lots more than others!!!
            Archery Dates: September 21 - December 31st (gun season Dec. 2 - 13th)
            I am in for Unit 7 so i called and the lady told me the same thing!!

Comment

I'm hoping to run into one of my old buddies up there.

Click image for larger version

Name:	Copy of MDGC0250[1].JPG
Views:	1
Size:	77.0 KB
ID:	23893044

Comment

One man's opinion: For the sheer volume of whitetail in the 150-inch class and up, Kansas just might be the No. 1 bowhunting destination in the North America.

Comment

Paul....that looks like SEK! Where you hunt?

Comment

Passthrough, you are very observant.........

Comment

Originally posted by Late Starter View Post
                      One man's opinion: For the sheer volume of whitetail in the 150-inch class and up, Kansas just might be the No. 1 bowhunting destination in the North America.
                      Shhhhh! But u would be correcto sir!!
                      Originally posted by skyhawk View Post
                      Pretty smart, what little money that was coming from landowners for transferrable tags is now a lot of money coming right from non-residents.
                      Bingo! Brilliant move by the state of Kansas, as they need every penny they can get right about now!

Comment

Working...
                      X