No announcement yet.

Am I wrong in thinking this way...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

LOBO, the more you go on with your rant the less beleivable you are getting to be. Why don't you join the real world, and maybe watch you TV, if you own one. Just in the last 2 months our local news have covered the news of 1 teacher being busted twice for smoking marijuana in school. Then another teacher busted and in jail awaiting indictment for molesting one of his band students. (Houston area)

Do you really want me to continue with this? The list is longer. Of course, and thank God there ARE WAY MORE GOOD TEACHERS but!!! THERE ARE SOME BAD ONES.

It would be nice to work at place where your superiors support you, and there are many such places. That is if the worker does his job as instructed. If he/she doesn't....he/she will get fired. Just like the scumbags i mentioned earlier in this post.

Comment

Originally posted by GILBERT View Post
      LOBO, the more you go on with your rant the less beleivable you are getting to be. Why don't you join the real world, and maybe watch you TV, if you own one. Just in the last 2 months our local news have covered the news of 1 teacher being busted twice for smoking marijuana in school. Then another teacher busted and in jail awaiting indictment for molesting one of his band students. (Houston area)

Do you really want me to continue with this? The list is longer. Of course, and thank God there ARE WAY MORE GOOD TEACHERS but!!! THERE ARE SOME BAD ONES.

It would be nice to work at place where your superiors support you, and there are many such places. That is if the worker does his job as instructed. If he/she doesn't....he/she will get fired. Just like the scumbags i mentioned earlier in this post.
      I think the teacher in question MIGHT have lost a paper.

Comment

Originally posted by aironeout View Post
        My daughter Kaitlynn just finished the 6th grade and the last semester she had a 88.8 for an 89 in her Social Studies class. The reason for the "B" is that she was missing her final score for the semester resulting in a "zero" being included in her average. Her other scores for the class are100,93,100,100,101,100,100,100,95,92,90 and 108 (with a 93 quiz,91 quiz,82 daily assignment that were not averaged for one reason or the other). I emailed the teacher asking her about the test and she said that it was an open book 30 question quiz and that she gave the students 2 days to work on it and that Kaitlynn did not turn it in. I asked Kaitlynn about the assignment and was actulally very upset at her to the point that I made her cry, all the while she was adamant about "Dad, I turned it in, I turned it in" but the teacher had no record of it. I have had several conversations with Kaitlynn about being responsible for her own actions and she is still adamant about turning in the assignment. I then started to question why would a student who turned in every assignment all year long not turn in the last one. I even asked the teacher and principal if they thought a student with the above grades, one who has been commended on every TAKS score and has scored perfect on several others, as well as "A pleasure to have in class and "Has a great attitude" if they though that was a "B" student and neither one of them has answered the question.

The biggest issue that I have with the whole scenario is that If the teacher gave the students 2 days and Kaitlynn did not turn it in then "what did she do for 2 days" and why wasn't the teacher more observant to what was going on in the class and if Kaitlynn was not working on the assignment why didn't the teacher take action to see that Kaitlynn did the assignment. Sounds like the teacher had a case of the "end of year blues". I also sent the principal an email just to let her know that adults do make mistakes because when I opened the envelope with the report card and TAKS score report I received another students' confidential TAKS report. Kaitlynn said that she is willing to accept the "B" but I on the other hand am not.

Am I making a mountain out of a molehill?

>E
        I would definitely pursue it until the truth is uncovered. Now your daughter is watching you and will see how important her grades are to you and how important the truth is.

Recruit your community - church, neighbors, etc...

Comment

Wow i think you hit some folks buttons on this subject, lol. Stick to your guns cause when its high school time that B would affect her GPA.

Comment

Working...
          X