Did the menu not give a hint

I hadn’t been seated yet.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Love me some TexMex

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Originally posted by ThisLadyHunts View Post
        I’ve finished my business in Dallas and am about to hit the road to go home, but first, some chips-n-salsa, perhaps a little guac on the side, before I settle in for the long drive back.

So I Apple Map (verb) the closest Mexican food restaurant, I walk in only two minutes after it opens, and I am THE ONLY ONE HERE, and this is only my first clue. The music blaring from the speakers is some sort of rap-infused theme song from Raiders of the Lost Ark and their salsa is called “tzatziki.”

Oh, well. In for a penny, in for a pound.
        suffice to say I've traveled far and wide on the company dime. You wont find legit TexMex north of Fort Worth. I'm spending a lot of time in California lately and there are a lot of Mexican Restaurants. They generally all suck if you want TexMex. Having said that, I've found some new favorites that are seafood based with a California twist - more avocado and fresh veggies. It ain't TexMex but definitely Mexican roots in the right hole in the wall joints. Just know, TexMex aint' TexMex outside of Texas and reset expectations. Oh yeah, chips and salsa definitly suck here

Comment

OK, now I am hungry.
          Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by BarBBar View Post
            OK, now I am hungry.
            You had me at “A Bowl of Bob…”

Comment

Originally posted by BarBBar View Post
              OK, now I am hungry.
              The Matt's in Allen sucks!

Comment

Originally posted by Goldeneagle View Post

The Matt's in Allen sucks!
                I wonder if perhaps it’s no longer part of the same family and may be the reason for the inconsistency. Don’t know for sure; just wondering.

Comment

Originally posted by ThisLadyHunts View Post

I wonder if perhaps it’s no longer part of the same family and may be the reason for the inconsistency. Don’t know for sure; just wondering.
                  I don't know. The food tastes and looks like it came from the frozen food section at Walmart. They only have four different beers and none on tap.
                  It's about 2 notches above Pancho's.

Comment

Comment

Drink another one there Amigo.

Comment

Working...
                      X