Announcement

Collapse

TBH Maintenance

Ongoing TBH Website maintenance this evening. Your TBH visit may not be optimal during this service window.
See more
See less

Sam’s vs Costco

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sam’s vs Costco

For those that have access to both which mega store do prefer and why?
    Thanks

Costco, feel they have more to offer.

Comment

Sam's for easy checkout... Use your phone to scan items as you put them in your cart.

Costco for clothes... They seem to have some decent quality for a reasonable price.

Comment

Both. They carry different things. . But Sam's has that scan with your phone deal.

Comment

Costco to me seams to be cleaner than Sams.

Comment

You have to watch what you buy at both. Not as many good deals as there was years ago, but there are some good ones if you do your homework (bacon 3.29 lb. vs 5plus at supermarket). Don`t just assume that it`s cheaper. We switched to Costco 5-6 years ago.

Comment

If you get anxiety stay out of Costco

Comment

Originally posted by Bucknaked View Post
                If you get anxiety stay out of Costco

This. We frequented Sam’s much more often than Costco because Costco always felt like a cluster. They recently shut our sams down though so now we have no choice but to deal with the chaos at Costco

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

I live in Arkansas so for the time being we have no choice, but Costco is considering building in Lowell. As soon as they do I’ll be dropping my Sams membership.

Comment

Costco!
                    You can actually see what your buying, the lighting in Sams is bad. Costco is cleaner as well.
                    The meat is better in my opinion.
                    I’ve had both memberships for years and finally decided to just renew Costco.

Comment

Get both. I find good deals at both stores. I bought a Traeger at Costco, But I have bought under armour polos at Sams. I have also seen a good deal on a trail camera at Sams.. They had a Stealth Cam Fusion, with batteries, and SD card, with 90 days of free unlimited service. On sale for like 50$ or 75$. Normally 100$. Both are great.. so if you can afford it, I would get a membership to both.

Comment

I prefer Costco and think the Kirkland brand is a little better than the Sam's Members Mark brand. I also agree with other posters in that the overall Costco stores seem a bit cleaner and the meat section is better.

My SIL raves about the Sam's scan as you go that's already been mentioned.

I might just be spoiled as there is both a Costco and Sam's less than 10 minutes from my house. To be honest, I wouldn't go that far out of my way to go to Costco over Sam's so I'd factor in the overall location convenience in deciding on membership. In my case, location is a toss up, so I go Costco.

Comment

Both to packed for my liking. Do you still have to get strip searched leaving Sams with recept lol

Comment

Costco wins by far if I had one closer I’d drop Sams without question

Comment

I only have a Sam's and the scan and go has me so spoiled I don't even like shopping at HEB anymore.

Checkout lines are for the peasants

Comment

Working...
                              X