April 8, 2024 full solar eclipse

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Texas Grown View Post
    This needs to be rescheduled for Nov during the rut. Can someone do that please?

I'll send a request up the chain of command. Can't make any promises. As far as shift differential, that's approved. Just tell the boss I said so.

I wouldn't travel half way across the country to see it but I will drive the 90 miles and waste a day. It's interesting to me but then, I took Astronomical Physics as my science elective in college. Senior year, last of three clases and I realized I would have loved to study astronomy.

Comment

Will be watching from my east deck with a few friends about 10 miles east of Temple! Hopefully, no clouds!

Comment

We're heading to Dimmit County to watch it at our camp. Good excuse to go down there. My boys will miss school that day, as Humble ISD will still be in session.

Comment

The "Eclipse Bargains" list just gets better every day. Now the city of Granite Shoals (near Marble Falls & in the Total Eclipse pathway) is renting 29 RV parking spaces in the bottom of a dry granite quarry. No water, no electricity, no covers for shade, no waste hookups.........just a flat rock location to park your RV. And the best price they offer???? $500 for April 5th thru April 9th. They are pre booked for half capacity already......

Comment

Llano is 250 a night for camping and 500 for rv with no hook ups. Everyone's trying to make a buck.

Comment

‘A fool and his money are soon parted’ comes to mind.

I reserved a campsite with water and electricity last night at a well know government owned campsite within the path, for $30. I wanted a place we could land without having to look for a place, we are driving in that morning, early AM.

For the right amount of $, I will sublease to someone…….

Comment

Originally posted by Tejas Wildlife View Post
                The "Eclipse Bargains" list just gets better every day. Now the city of Granite Shoals (near Marble Falls & in the Total Eclipse pathway) is renting 29 RV parking spaces in the bottom of a dry granite quarry. No water, no electricity, no covers for shade, no waste hookups.........just a flat rock location to park your RV. And the best price they offer???? $500 for April 5th thru April 9th. They are pre booked for half capacity already......
                Why the hell would someone coming to look at an eclipse want shade???

Comment

You are parked in the bottom of a granite quarry for 5 days. I am a fat boy. I always look for shade. 🤠

Comment

Just for fun........if you are in the country.....what about setting off some Tannerite right in the middle of the Eclipse? Wouldn't that panic the Doomsayer Idiots??

just a thought.....

Comment

Forecast showing rain the 7th and 8th now. I know it can change pretty quick but I sure hope they're right this time.

Comment

Our lease will be perfect viewing, Mountain Home, Texas. We plan on being there. A Turkey hunt is also in order.

Comment

Originally posted by Calrob View Post
                          Forecast showing rain the 7th and 8th now. I know it can change pretty quick but I sure hope they're right this time.
                          That's pretty mean. geez. What have these people ever done to you?

Comment

Originally posted by RiverRat1 View Post

That's pretty mean. geez. What have these people ever done to you?
                            Nothing, we need the rain. But it wouldnt hurt my feelings if the 100,000 expected people didnt show up and clog the roads.

Comment

Each to his own, but I wouldn't spend much money or time to see an eclipse. I've seen them before and been disappointed every time. Now, if I were still young and still drinking, a total eclipse would have been good enough reason for some partying, drinking, and debauchery.

Comment

Originally posted by 60 Deluxe View Post
                                Each to his own, but I wouldn't spend much money or time to see an eclipse. I've seen them before and been disappointed every time. Now, if I were still young and still drinking, a total eclipse would have been good enough reason for some partying, drinking, and debauchery.
                                Ive wasted plenty of time in my life, but it dang sure wasnt just staring at the sun. Im not upset with the folks wanting to look at it, I just know what 100,000 people in my backyard is going to look like.

Comment

Working...
                                X