April 8, 2024 full solar eclipse

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

April 8, 2024 full solar eclipse

Next April will be the last full solar eclipse until 2044. I hear the last one in 2017 was a huge event if the city you live in was on the slim path where it's a full eclipse.
    Looks like I'm right in that path this year. Anyone remember the last one?

On April 8, 2024, a total solar eclipse moved across North America, passing over Mexico, the United States, and Canada. A total solar eclipse happens when the Moon passes between the Sun and Earth, completely blocking the face of the Sun. The sky will darken as if it were dawn or dusk. Safety is the […]

Just north of Fredericksburg.
    Im pretty excited.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by RiverRat1 View Post
      Next April will be the last full solar eclipse until 2044. I hear the last one in 2017 was a huge event if the city you live in was on the slim path where it's a full eclipse.

Looks like I'm right in that path this year. Anyone remember the last one?

https://solarsystem.nasa.gov/eclipse...otal/overview/
      Burnet and Lampasas hotels are fully booked for the weekend. You oughtta charge folks $5 a piece to watch it at your place. You'd make a million

Sent from my SM-S901U using Tapatalk

Comment

I remember the last one and it was definitely cool to see!

Our kids will get to see this one which will make it a little more exciting as well.

Comment

Cool

Comment

Our local officials from county and city have been in planning for months. They expect some say 150,000 or more to come to the area. I think all hotels, campgrounds, VRBO's and etc. are either booked or about to be full. Most are requiring a 3-4 night stay. We are in the direct path of the eclipse, oh boy. They expect cell service to be slow, restaurants to be full, gas stations to be short on fuel, folks just stopping on the highway to watch (I-10), traffic from you know where, and whatever else would be bad. I sure hope they are wrong. Yeah it will be cool to see but it might just be a mess. There is a minor eclipse this October that should give them a practice run on things and to see how many show up for that. My son is a Deputy Sheriff and no one is allowed off during this event. Think I'll get my supplies early and just chill in the hot tub.

Comment

Should be cool to see. We are planning a trip to the lease on that weekend to check it out.

Comment

The last one was cool; we ran down to my in-laws right in the path. The traffic was crazy in nowhere Wyoming from all over the country and just like that they were gone!

Comment

Originally posted by Calrob View Post
                  Burnet and Lampasas hotels are fully booked for the weekend. You oughtta charge folks $5 a piece to watch it at your place. You'd make a million

Sent from my SM-S901U using Tapatalk
                  It'd take a million to clean up the ruts, grass, trash, and to buy new cattle once 200,000 people left the ranch LOL

But the camps along the river here near Colorado Bend Park are having events. We will probably just rent out the cabin for a stupid high price. But not sure yet. May just have our own little party. Maybe a TBH party. Who am I kidding, I'll be fishing in April LOL

Comment

I feel like they have been talking about it for years in Lampasas. We have had a lot of friends and family reach out to come view it with us. Should be a fun time.

Comment

With any luck we'll have our house built in Lampasas area by then & can sit outside and watch.

Comment

Yep! We will be at our property in Mason. Should be a perfect viewing area.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Hopefully we have nice skies that day! Idk April is iffy.

Click image for larger version

Name:	264892C8-3094-40CC-AFC5-0ECD1DF12203.jpeg
Views:	1
Size:	72.9 KB
ID:	24714591

Comment

This is all I got. For you you youngsters, this was the song.

Comment

Will probably have to be in Menard or the lease that weekend

Comment

Working...
                              X