April 8, 2024 full solar eclipse

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by dclifton View Post
    I hope its cloudy and all these people stay home. Geeze people are going nuts over this thing.
    Me and you both. Im not real excited about 100,000 out of towners blocking my gate

Comment

Is this idiocy supposed to affect D/FW, or mostly more SW?

Comment

People in llano have rented their homes out for 4k a night with 4 night minimums and booked within an hour. That's just nuts...

Comment

Originally posted by Calrob View Post

Me and you both. Im not real excited about 100,000 out of towners blocking my gate
          Same here im planting sprigs and hoping my route from the ranch to the gas station is open. If it is i can survive lol... Beer, Diesel, and Chips.

Comment

We are in the path of totality here in Kerrville. Basically the epicenter for this event. Where the paths of the October eclipse and this one cross is Vanderpool. For some, this is a once in a lifetime event. We are expecting around 150K people here. It's gonna be insane. We've been planning for this for 2 years, looking at other cities after action reports from the 2017 eclipse and understanding what we're up against.

traffic on Monday after it's over is gonna be the worst part. We're expecting grid lock. I kinda think its gonna look like the start of a dirt track race and then turn into the 24 hours at Daytona. Heck, there may be a little days of thunder involved as well.

Comment

Dang and I was planning on driving from ft worth to home in smiley on Monday. I guess I’ll wait til the next day maybe it won’t be as bad.

Comment

Originally posted by dclifton View Post
                I hope it’s cloudy and all these people stay home. Geeze people are going nuts over this thing.
                You and me both. The amount of people they are saying coming here to the Hill Country are absolutely CRAZY! They are recommending us to get groceries by Wednesday of the week prior and stay home.

Comment

A day this might actually come to reality (and not for the grumpy old folks are complaining about in this thread)

Click image for larger version

Name:	image.jpg
Views:	272
Size:	31.4 KB
ID:	26754269

Comment

Originally posted by sqiggy View Post
                    What time is this one going to take place?
                    Still haven’t seen what time of day this is all taking place???

Comment

Originally posted by sqiggy View Post

Still haven’t seen what time of day this is all taking place???
                      Depends on where you are located. Very easy to google ‘path of eclipse timing’.

Comment

Can someone explain to me, other than a “once in a lifetime” experience, what is so majestical about this solar eclipse?? Why is it such a big deal? Other than being “neat”, there is nothing I have heard is significant about it. Nothing extraordinary happens with an eclipse. I just don’t get the hysteria

Comment

Originally posted by texasdeerhunter View Post
                          Can someone explain to me, other than a “once in a lifetime” experience, what is so majestical about this solar eclipse?? Why is it such a big deal? Other than being “neat”, there is nothing I have heard is significant about it. Nothing extraordinary happens with an eclipse. I just don’t get the hysteria
                          I feel there is some sort of "once in a lifetime eclipse, meteor shower, etc". every few months lol.

Comment

Because it's a total eclipse where the moon is closer and totally blocks the sun (no fire ring). Doesn't happen often. The next once like this will be 2044 and barely touch USA.

Over 4 minutes of "totality" should be really neat. Probably won't be life changing like I read about though LOL But I've seen people party and spend money on lots dumber stuff.

Comment

Exactly. I have been wondering the same thing. It is mildly interesting, thats about it.

Comment

This needs to be rescheduled for Nov during the rut. Can someone do that please?

Comment

Working...
                                X