No announcement yet.

African Safari

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Headed there 30 May, two weeks and it’s my first time. Going alone cause all my buddies are cheap!!!

Comment

Headed over to South Africa (Limpopo) in August for a ten day hunt with Dumukwa Safaris. (https://dumukwa.com/). I’ve got seven animals targeted this trip. My group of five spent a few days at the Dallas Safari Club show in January talking to lots of outfitters before we settled on Dumukwa. One of our group had hunted with them before and highly recommended them. I recommend attending a DSC or SCI show to visit with multiple outfitters.

Comment

My wife just informed me she upgraded my flight to First class! She’s the best!! Gonna be a nice fight on Delta.

Comment

I can get you all set up over there, have a few areas and send clients every year. ill be there next year myself with some clients and hunting a few animals also. Bow or Rifle

Comment

9 trips bowhunting in Africa for me with 7 being to South Africa.
            Tons and tons of threads on TBH. Just as many recommendations honestly. Our summer is their winter........July and August are great times to be across the big pond. As many have said, it is an incredibly fun trip.

Comment

Originally posted by kd350 View Post
              Hunted last may with Kuche safaris. Had a great time, I agree to set budget and know your trigger finger is gonna get itchy when your there

​​​​​​KD, did you use Kuche's taxidermy services and if so, how long did it take to get your trophies back?

Comment

I have been to SA once and Zimbabwe 2xs. SA is a great destination for first time hunters as the lodges are very nice, it's a fairly developed country and affordable. I would go back again at some point I'm sure, but I preferred the experience in Zim better. Where we were hunting it was all free range and I saw lion, leopard, buffalo, elephant, croc, hippo etc on a daily basis. We had lions come through camp because they smelled the meat. Hyenas were sniffing the ground outside my tent one night from about 15ft away. I was able to take tuskless cow, a 41" buffalo, bushbuck and impala on the last trip. Could have take many others but was focused on getting a sable and passed up dozens of chances at other game. Bushmen Safaris is a bow only place in SA that I went to in 07. It has changed hands since I went but would still recommend them as they have been bowhunting only since 86 I believe. Hugh

Comment

Originally posted by Hughiam View Post
                  I have been to SA once and Zimbabwe 2xs. SA is a great destination for first time hunters as the lodges are very nice, it's a fairly developed country and affordable. I would go back again at some point I'm sure, but I preferred the experience in Zim better. Where we were hunting it was all free range and I saw lion, leopard, buffalo, elephant, croc, hippo etc on a daily basis. We had lions come through camp because they smelled the meat. Hyenas were sniffing the ground outside my tent one night from about 15ft away. I was able to take tuskless cow, a 41" buffalo, bushbuck and impala on the last trip. Could have take many others but was focused on getting a sable and passed up dozens of chances at other game. Bushmen Safaris is a bow only place in SA that I went to in 07. It has changed hands since I went but would still recommend them as they have been bowhunting only since 86 I believe. Hugh

who did you hunt buff with in zim?

Comment

Originally posted by IDFWU View Post

who did you hunt buff with in zim?
                    Lindon Stanton, Mbalabala safaris.

Comment

Comment

I’ve been 5 times with 3 different outfitters. Africa is the coolest place on the planet for a guy who loves to hunt!!!!!!

Comment

I have been 8 or 9 times and ONLY one bad outfitter. Use the search button on here for DOZENS of threads. Most of all, get ready to have a wonderful time.

Comment

Working...
                          X