African Safari

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

African Safari

Who has been to south africa? Outfitter suggestions? Best time to hunt? Other feedback? Thanks.

I just got back from my first trip 3 weeks ago. It was a blast.

I’m sure there are tons of great outfitters. We went with Thorndale Safaris and was extremely pleased with their outfit.

Biggest things would be, what are you looking for?

Archery? Rifle?
    Going solo? Or family coming along?
    What animals are you looking to hunt? What area of South Africa are you most interested in?
    Are you only looking to hunt, or do you want other activities while you are there?
    How much are you looking to spend? What are the amenities you would like?

The list is long, and the number of outfitters operating in South Africa are numerous. Almost overwhelming to choose one sometimes.

I had spoken with dozens of outfitters over the years and when I was finally able to make the trip happen financially, it came down to which outfitter checked the most boxes for what my family was looking for.

I’m more than happy to share my personal experience with Thorndale with you, but below is a recap of our trip I posted a couple weeks ago.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Thanks!

Comment

Hunted in 2019 with Numzaan outfitters in Limpopo.

Had an absolute amazing time, would definitely recommend them.

Comment

Hunted last may with Kuche safaris. Had a great time, I agree to set budget and know your trigger finger is gonna get itchy when your there

Comment

Just remember everything is negotiable in Africa….

Comment

Originally posted by muddyfuzzy View Post
              Just remember everything is negotiable in Africa….

Not unlike most places. However, my PHs are friends. They generally give me a discount off their published prices when they can, but they get beat down when guys they don’t know try to negotiate once they get there. They may have specific animals that they may want killed and will offer discounts as well, but you generally don’t want to be “that guy” who haggles before you pull the trigger/release.

Comment

Went in September. Motsomi Safari's in Limpopo, South Africa. Take a budget and an idea of what you want to kill, but remain flexible.

Comment

i have hunted in Africa 12 or 15 times. no outfitters have done better than https://www.facebook.com/lenyati.safaris/

a bunch of TBHers have been with him and I don’t know anyone who did not enjoy their trip

Comment

Bow or rifle? African Arrow Safaris, bow only in the Limpopo province. I can send you pics of past safaris and also brochures and price list. PM me if interested. Search the name on this thread and see the hunt specials he has on here. They are also a site sponsor. It will be hard to find a better bowhunting outfit than African Arrow Safaris.

Comment

great info guys. keep it coming!

Comment

Boschnel Safaris

Comment

Give Adansonia Safaris a look. Several on TBH have been there and they were a sponsor before the covid mess.

Comment

I hear Limcroma Safaris are great. I was going to go last September until I had to postpone. They had some good deals on animals and amenities. Covid crap screwed everything up down there so you might still get some good deals on hunts. Airfare not so much

Comment

There are lots of very solid SA outfitters. I have been with several mentioned in this thread and know many others by reputation.
                              I recommend going to a show like DSC in January. Have a list of outfitters and a list of goals on the hunt.
                              Go sit down and talk with each outfitter. Much like shooting a new bow before you purchase, each outfitter will click a little different with what you are looking for and your personality.
                              Call references. Any red flags, walk! There are too many good outfitters to go with one with red flags.
                              Have fun with the planning process- it can be overwhelming but talk with people who go often and can offer solid advice. Good luck and if you are thinking about it ... GO! It is an amazing place.

Comment

Working...
                              X