Off topic but exceptionally relevant

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Off topic but exceptionally relevant

How or in what ways has God been good to you?

My wife and I can't have kids. I wanted 7 or 8. That is soul crushing.

When I was active in our Church I was the Game Director for our AWANA program. The Grand Prix was my highlight. I was the race official and the starting line and the color commentator. I'd see kids who's cars didn't finish the race and the look of despair. I'd immediately come back OMG Folks did you see what happened in lane 3? He gave her everything he had an blew the motor. In fact the blower is still somersaulting theough the air. Youn man or Lady I know your crew chief. He'll have you fixed up by the time you race again. According to the posted results lane 1 won and will be advancing, lane 2 & 4 will be in second chance bracket.
    Everyone would smile and clap.

It was a real joy to watch the kids grow. I really miss them. My first year students graduated HS 2 years ago.
    I haven't been active in that church in 4 or 5 years. Since moving to Iowa just over a year ago only time I've been inside a Church was with Dad and for his Funeral service.

I've also been blessed with a high degree of mechanical apptitude and high work ethic. It's come in handy many times.
    I'll be 52 this summer and I feel like I'm knocking on the reapers door most days

Doesn’t sound like you’re feeling particularly blessed right now, my friend. I’m sorry if this is the case.

Comment

Sounds like finding a church to serve at in Iowa is in your future!

Comment

Originally posted by ThisLadyHunts View Post
        Doesn’t sound like you’re feeling particularly blessed right now, my friend. I’m sorry if this is the case.
        You are correct.
        Just cause I'm not feeling it doesn't mean I'm not

Comment

Can you move back? Seems you might be out of your element up there now that you're dad is gone.

Comment

God blesses me everyday. Sometimes it is with a lesson on what not to do, or its something trying that pushes me closer to him. Sometimes it is with great joy like helping someone or life victories.

I would encourage you to count your blessings. Spend some time reflecting on what your thankful for, fell the gratitude. I know that process really helps me.

God bless!

Comment

Originally posted by Death from Above View Post
              Sounds like finding a church to serve at in Iowa is in your future!
              It is, but that leaves me with a Dilema.

The Church I've been too sems more like a Social Club than a Church. That's a huge turn off for me.

Comment

Originally posted by Txhunter3000 View Post
                Can you move back? Seems you might be out of your element up there now that you're dad is gone.
                Man I am out of my element.

My wife is not on board with going back. She's working for the local school. Started in February, there's talk of making her a supervisor. Which I think is out of this world awesome for her.

A thought that I've been having that i can't reconcile is this.
                Am I living my life or Dad's?
                I drive his pickup, work at his job, live in his house, my childhood home, sleep in his bed.....
                Last edited by Pushbutton2; 04-06-2023, 06:46 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Pushbutton2 View Post
                  You are correct.
                  Just cause I'm not feeling it doesn't mean I'm not

When I get to feeling this way, I look around at all those who have it tougher than I do—none of us have to look very far—and I am reminded how much worse off things could be. There but for the grace of God go I.

Next, since I abhor weakness, I refuse to let myself indulge in it. I focus on my strengths—strength of fortitude, strength of character, and, yes, even though my abs could use a little work, physical strength as well.

Finally, I allow myself a good night’s sleep. I let go of all my fears and just…sleep. It’s been my experience that things that lurk in the shadows of darkness somehow seem less menacing in the light of the next day.

So, reflect on your blessings, focus on your strengths, and sleep well, my friend. You’ll get no answers tonight. They will likely find you tomorrow.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
                  Last edited by ThisLadyHunts; 04-06-2023, 06:52 PM.

Comment

Have you found a place to hunt up there yet? A good day in the woods may clear some things up.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

When one really knows what a blessing looks like, you will always be able to see the many blessings that God has bestowed on all of us.

Comment

I'm breathing 10-years after should have stopped. Blessed is the name of the Lord.

Comment

Originally posted by hoythunter02 View Post
                          Have you found a place to hunt up there yet? A good day in the woods may clear some things up.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                          Sure haven't [emoji20]
                          Wanna get a kayak and do some fishing

On the way home from work i dare some one sitting their bow, V3X. I stopped and we spoke for ½ hour or so.
                          He's new to town, lived here 3 months. He's from SE MO. He works in the wind energy industry as a tower tech.
                          He shoots a V3X so he can't be all bad [emoji56]
                          He was dialing in his sight @ 60 yards.

Comment

Sounds like you really wanted to be a parent and a mentor. Lots of kids out there that need a Mom and Dad or at least some good folks to mentor them and or give them a good home. Don’t neglect gods gift of teaching young ones or giving them love just because they were not born of thy loins. Good luck and be blessed, and by all means be a blessing to others.

Comment

Originally posted by John Paul View Post
                              Sounds like you really wanted to be a parent and a mentor. Lots of kids out there that need a Mom and Dad or at least some good folks to mentor them and or give them a good home. Don’t neglect gods gift of teaching young ones or giving them love just because they were not born of thy loins. Good luck and be blessed, and by all means be a blessing to others.
                              Very well spoken JP.

Pick yourself up PB and do something for yourself. You have received allot of good advice from some very sincere people.

Comment

Working...
                              X