Official 2023 Houston Astros season thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Etxbuckman View Post
    I guess I didn’t realize how bad Javier has been, but man he looks it right now.
    One pitch away from getting out of a scoreless inning then he decides to throw two gutshots for back to back bombs.

Comment

First complete game I’ve watched all year. What jumped out at me was in the 9 innings played, the Stros gave 2-out walks in 7 of those innings. Several they were 1 pitch from getting out of the inning with a 3-2 count. They just could not seem to finish a batter off. That and the hitting was anemic.
      Seems to me it’s gonna take more than Verlander to fix this club. Looks like a lack of leadership and management to me.
      I almost turned the tube off during the pre-game when one of the commentaries described Dusty Baker as one of the best proven managers in modern baseball!!

Comment

My boy Diaz! 3-0 good guys!

Comment

What a catch by Meyers!

Comment

This should be the everyday lineup other than spot starts for Machete. The Pena 2 hole experiment needs to be over.

Comment

Alvarez with a big fly! 5-1

Comment

My boy Tucker!

Comment

Mr. Upton day!

Comment

Verlander probably threw up a little in his mouth when he saw this card. Dusty's a joke. We'll have to do it in spite of him, as usual.
                    Click image for larger version

Name:	F2xgEr8XwAE-xd1?format=jpg&name=large.jpg
Views:	179
Size:	537.1 KB
ID:	26549996

Comment

Yainer has played some first base. Why put Kessinger there instead of him?

Unreal.

Comment

Dusty Baker knows more about baseball in his pinky finger than I will ever know. That being said, how can you trot out Pena in the 2 hole again? I'm all for Dubon getting a couple of starts at SS to let Pena and his ego rest a bit. The most egregious part about that lineup is that Diaz is nowhere to be found. And do not give me that crap about "ohhhh Diaz can't hit lefties". Maldonado can't hit anyone!

Comment

Remember Dubon was Verlanders personal center fielder when Meyers arm was not 100%. Now Dusty probably just blowing JV. That lineup is a joke. Hopefully we score 12 IN SPITE of Dusty’s dumbass. Dusty’d again

Comment

Diaz with a pinch hit base hit after he is finally unleashed from the bench as Maldonado strikes out on the 3 pitches directly after, You can't make this stuff up.

Comment

Originally posted by GroceryGetter View Post
                              Diaz with a pinch hit base hit after he is finally unleashed from the bench as Maldonado strikes out on the 3 pitches directly after, You can't make this stuff up.
                              And where did they put him defensively after pinch hitting. First base, exactly where he should have been from the start.

Really looking like a waste of a very good outing by Verlander.

Comment

And as we predicted, the chit offense played like it. At least we got 2 hits, Dusty’d again

Comment

Working...
                                X