2023 Ford Super duties

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by txheartshot View Post
    Nothing down. They know if we don’t follow trough with the purchase, someone else is ready to buy.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Same here on nothing down for same reason. But have seen on tremor thread where some dealers are requiring down payments. Ordered a job 2 in October and still not scheduled. Heard job 2 production is about to start, but pure hearsay from a message board.

Comment

My dealer had me put down 1000. I ordered a plain Jane xlt with rubber floor instead of carpet. Said would be hard to sell if I backed out. Told him u just get the truck here. Lol

Comment

Originally posted by Ramball36 View Post
        I’m about to give this a shot tmw morning, I think we got it figured out
        Update: don’t have it figured out, gotta wait till they find a fix. They don’t even have b&w goosenecks or front bumpers ready for these yet. I was told ranch hand didn’t receive a 2023 superduty until last week.

I won’t be getting in a 23 if they can’t find a fix for it. Really stupid of ford to do

Comment

Dealer told me build date for mine is 21st of this month, got my Vin#

God Bless
          Bish

Comment

Update: don’t have it figured out, gotta wait till they find a fix. They don’t even have b&w goosenecks or front bumpers ready for these yet. I was told ranch hand didn’t receive a 2023 superduty until last week.

I won’t be getting in a 23 if they can’t find a fix for it. Really stupid of ford to do
            Agreed. Not a smart move.

Comment

I have seen several people saying they already got bw installed . Lifts and airbags from prior lifts fit so I don’t see why the goosenecks wouldn’t fit.

Comment

Why would you order a new Super Duty and not order gooseneck prep?

Comment

Originally posted by GA Bowhunter View Post
                  Bc you were gonna put a flatbed on it but now after the fact they say you can’t lol

B&W does have a gooseneck setup for it but they won’t be ready to ship until may. Of course you can modify an old one to fit, but as a business we won’t do it. Same with air bags. I’ll do that on my own stuff or for buddies but not for strangers

Comment

Main reason it because the dealerships are telling folks (they told me) gooseneck preps and bedliners are two of the things holding up orders. I was just planning to do aftermarket BW and bedliner.

Comment

Originally posted by kry226 View Post
                      What has been disappointing?
                      The Ram in my pic was my 2016 the day I traded it in 2.5 weeks ago. That was the best built and highest quality truck I've ever owned (I've owned 10 or so F250s-F350s from 1997 to 2023). That Ram was perfect.

The Ford just keeps irritating the **** out of me. Basically, death by 1,000 cuts.

Some petty stuff:
                      No owner's manual in book form. I can go through it on the indash screen or on a computer.
                      No front license plate holder for states that do not require a front plate. A guy on the Yenko forum is mailing me his.
                      No push button start on the XLT (I thought everything had push button start these days?).
                      No SXM on the XLT (I thought everything had SXM these days?). I could have sworn my 2013 F150 XLT had SXM.
                      Ford still bolts their beds through the top of the bed floor. Ram bolts their beds from below, so the fasteners are not visible. Messes with the Linex.
                      Ford doesn't come with a 2.5" to 2" reducer sleeve for the receiver (Ram did and I left mine in the truck when I traded it). The one I bought at Lowes has the hitch making all kinds of noise (I've never had that issue before). I actually pulled over because I thought the trailer may be coming off. I'll have to address that when I'm in the mood.
                      The sliding read window has a few inches of glass above and below the slider. I like to haul small quantities of 16' material through the slider. Give me a top to bottom hole.
                      It looks like they employed a rabid beaver to gnaw the openings in the carpet under the seats The seats fold up exposing it and I ride with the seats up.

Other issues:
                      The steering sucks. The Ram had a lot quicker ratio. The F250 is like a boat and require two hands at times.
                      The steering wheel is slicker than the tires. The thing needs pine tar.
                      The console in the center front seat back is tiny. The Ram front center seat back console was huge and had two compartments.
                      There is a rattle on the right side that I can't figure out. It's loud. It sounds like a door is not closed all the way.
                      There is a wind rush noise like a window is barely open.
                      The interior fit is less than desirable. As an example, the left side of the center console lid sits flush on the console and the right side has a 3/8" gap. I hate stuff like that.
                      There is a chime every time you shut the truck off to alert you to check for back seat passengers New Rams may have this, I don't know. It might be defeat able. I'll have to sit in the truck and scroll through the owner's manual.
                      The DRL turn on automatically, but they don't turn off automatically and there is a chime that sounds until you turn them off. New Rams may have this, I don't know. It might be defeat able. I'll have to sit in the truck and scroll through the owner's manual. If you are going to turn the lights on automatically, turn them off automatically.
                      The truck goes down the road like it's extra light (hard to describe, it does not feel "planted"). That may be because I'm used to the 3500 dually.
                      The truck rides rough. The Ram Dually was like riding in a car (to my uncultured rear). The F250 will beat you to death on the main (rough) road I drive daily. The Ram glided down that road like queer sashaying into the bedroom.

I've gone from a F250 Lariat to an F150 XLT in the past, so I don't think the fact I'm going from a Ram 3500 Laramie to an F250 XLT has that much to do with my disappointment. Hopefully I'll get used to the truck.

F250 pros:
                      The side steps in the bed are a nice addition.
                      The rear of the truck is a lot lower (easier to get in and out of).

I bought the F250 because I wanted to switch to a gasser 3/4 ton. I wish I would have either kept the dually or bought a new Ram 2500 gas burner.
                      Attached Files
                      Last edited by GA Bowhunter; 04-17-2023, 06:35 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Payne346 View Post
                        Main reason it because the dealerships are telling folks (they told me) gooseneck preps and bedliners are two of the things holding up orders. I was just planning to do aftermarket BW and bedliner.
                        I haven't heard about that. Me and a buddy ordered trucks and they both came in with gooseneck prep. No one has mentioned it on the 2023 FB groups either, that I have seen.

I did here spray in liners might be a hold up, but I prefer Linex over Ford and it's $50 cheaper around here.

Comment

Bc you were gonna put a flatbed on it but now after the fact they say you can’t lol

B&W does have a gooseneck setup for it but they won’t be ready to ship until may. Of course you can modify an old one to fit, but as a business we won’t do it. Same with air bags. I’ll do that on my own stuff or for buddies but not for strangers
                          I thought the factory gooseneck prep would work with a flatbed too.

Although the last flatbed I had was a '97 F350 and I don't think GN prep was offered back then.

Comment

I didn’t order gooseneck prep on mine so I could go with the B&W. For my primary pig trailer I need a couple of extra inches to shift the trailer back so I have clearance when turning at all angles. I had an Extend-A-Goose stolen off of another trailer a few years back. So I just use the B&W extension ball insert. It won’t fit the Ford factory setup.

Comment

I thought the factory gooseneck prep would work with a flatbed too.

Although the last flatbed I had was a '97 F350 and I don't think GN prep was offered back then.
                              Pretty much all flatbeds come with their own gooseneck setups except some dodges (bc they’re stupid)

Comment

The Ram in my pic was my 2016 the day I traded it in 2.5 weeks ago. That was the best built and highest quality truck I've ever owned (I've owned 10 or so F250s-F350s from 1997 to 2023). That Ram was perfect.

The Ford just keeps irritating the **** out of me. Basically, death by 1,000 cuts.

Some petty stuff:
                                No owner's manual in book form. I can go through it on the indash screen or on a computer.
                                No front license plate holder for states that do not require a front plate. A guy on the Yenko forum is mailing me his.
                                No push button start on the XLT (I thought everything had push button start these days?).
                                No SXM on the XLT (I thought everything had SXM these days?). I could have sworn my 2013 F150 XLT had SXM.
                                Ford still bolts their beds through the top of the bed floor. Ram bolts their beds from below, so the fasteners are not visible. Messes with the Linex.
                                Ford doesn't come with a 2.5" to 2" reducer sleeve for the receiver (Ram did and I left mine in the truck when I traded it). The one I bought at Lowes has the hitch making all kinds of noise (I've never had that issue before). I actually pulled over because I thought the trailer may be coming off. I'll have to address that when I'm in the mood.
                                The sliding read window has a few inches of glass above and below the slider. I like to haul small quantities of 16' material through the slider. Give me a top to bottom hole.
                                It looks like they employed a rabid beaver to gnaw the openings in the carpet under the seats The seats fold up exposing it and I ride with the seats up.

Other issues:
                                The steering sucks. The Ram had a lot quicker ratio. The F250 is like a boat and require two hands at times.
                                The steering wheel is slicker than the tires. The thing needs pine tar.
                                The console in the center front seat back is tiny. The Ram front center seat back console was huge and had two compartments.
                                There is a rattle on the right side that I can't figure out. It's loud. It sounds like a door is not closed all the way.
                                There is a wind rush noise like a window is barely open.
                                The interior fit is less than desirable. As an example, the left side of the center console lid sits flush on the console and the right side has a 3/8" gap. I hate stuff like that.
                                There is a chime every time you shut the truck off to alert you to check for back seat passengers New Rams may have this, I don't know. It might be defeat able. I'll have to sit in the truck and scroll through the owner's manual.
                                The DRL turn on automatically, but they don't turn off automatically and there is a chime that sounds until you turn them off. New Rams may have this, I don't know. It might be defeat able. I'll have to sit in the truck and scroll through the owner's manual. If you are going to turn the lights on automatically, turn them off automatically.
                                The truck goes down the road like it's extra light (hard to describe, it does not feel "planted"). That may be because I'm used to the 3500 dually.
                                The truck rides rough. The Ram Dually was like riding in a car (to my uncultured rear). The F250 will beat you to death on the main (rough) road I drive daily. The Ram glided down that road like queer sashaying into the bedroom.

I've gone from a F250 Lariat to an F150 XLT in the past, so I don't think the fact I'm going from a Ram 3500 Laramie to an F250 XLT has that much to do with my disappointment. Hopefully I'll get used to the truck.

F250 pros:
                                The side steps in the bed are a nice addition.
                                The rear of the truck is a lot lower (easier to get in and out of).

I bought the F250 because I wanted to switch to a gasser 3/4 ton. I wish I would have either kept the dually or bought a new Ram 2500 gas burner.
                                Thanks for the detailed review! Hope you get to where you like the truck and it serves you well. There's nothing worse than having to drive a truck you don't like (well there is, but you know what I mean).

Comment

Working...
                                X