2023 Ford Super duties

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by kry226 View Post
    It's a well-optioned Lariat Ultimate 7.3 gasser. The window sticker is in an earlier post in this thread. I even had options that the community said would hold up a build like 5th wheel package and wheel well liners. After my initial order, I did take off the mudflaps.

Is yours a Job 1 build? I think what's affecting a lot of folks is dealer allocation. I'm certain there are dealers out there taking more orders than they're allocated from Ford, and consequently, their trucks aren't getting scheduled.

Hope you get yours soon, sir.
    Interesting, I was the first person to order at this dealership when the “bank” opened according to them but it is a small town dealer for sure. Didn’t know about Job 1 vs Job 2. Mine is a diesel with KR trim and was told they wouldn’t start putting out KR, Plat, Limited until mid to late summer. I don’t know anymore what’s real or not with all the
    chatter ongoing. Does it say Job 1 or 2 on your order sheet?

Comment

KR , platinum and limited are all job 2.

Comment

Originally posted by Payne346 View Post
        Interesting, I was the first person to order at this dealership when the “bank” opened according to them but it is a small town dealer for sure. Didn’t know about Job 1 vs Job 2. Mine is a diesel with KR trim and was told they wouldn’t start putting out KR, Plat, Limited until mid to late summer. I don’t know anymore what’s real or not with all the
        chatter ongoing. Does it say Job 1 or 2 on your order sheet?
        Originally posted by cantexduck;16 722213
        KR, platinum and limited are all job 2.
        Yup, as a Lariat, my truck (actually all XLs, XLTs, and Lariats) was a Job 1 build. Per the original order guide and release of the 23-- KR, Platinum, and Limited were always scheduled to be Job 2 availability, to begin in the spring. I think they just started scheduling for Job 2 in the last week or two and have been working on Job 1 buildout. However, I'm not sure when the Job 2 assembly began/will begin, but I'm betting we'll see the first ones on the streets in the next few weeks.

Payne- by the way, have you not gotten any emails from Ford about your order? If your dealer did what they should, you should have at least gotten an "Order Confirmed" email. Something like this:

Then, when you're scheduled for production, you'll get another email like the above but it will also include your VIN. Take your VIN and your order # from your order sheet and input them at this website: https://shop.ford.com/vehicleordertracking

From there you can track the status of your truck through In Production, Built, Shipped, and ending with Final Preparation at your dealer before delivery. Hope this helps. Good luck.

Comment

Yup, as a Lariat, my truck (actually all XLs, XLTs, and Lariats) was a Job 1 build. Per the original order guide and release of the 23-- KR, Platinum, and Limited were always scheduled to be Job 2 availability, to begin in the spring. I think they just started scheduling for Job 2 in the last week or two and have been working on Job 1 buildout. However, I'm not sure when the Job 2 assembly began/will begin, but I'm betting we'll see the first ones on the streets in the next few weeks.

Payne- by the way, have you not gotten any emails from Ford about your order? If your dealer did what they should, you should have at least gotten an "Order Confirmed" email. Something like this:

Then, when you're scheduled for production, you'll get another email like the above but it will also include your VIN. Take your VIN and your order # from your order sheet and input them at this website: https://shop.ford.com/vehicleordertracking

From there you can track the status of your truck through In Production, Built, Shipped, and ending with Final Preparation at your dealer before delivery. Hope this helps. Good luck.

Appreciate the information for sure. I’ve received a couple emails from Ford but they are BS updates apologizing about delays ects. Going to check now using your information.

Comment

Ok, got the “order confirmed” email right after I ordered which was last November. Last email from them was on 1/29/23 saying we are experiencing delays due to supply chain orders bla bla bla… nothing since then.

Comment

Ok, got the “order confirmed” email right after I ordered which was last November. Last email from them was on 1/29/23 saying we are experiencing delays due to supply chain orders bla bla bla… nothing since then.
              I've had my 2023 F250 a couple of weeks now. You ain't missing much.

Comment

Originally posted by GA Bowhunter View Post
                I've had my 2023 F250 a couple of weeks now. You ain't missing much.
                What has been disappointing?

Comment

I did get one delay email before I was scheduled, and I think they send that out every 45 days. But since you ordered a Job 2 KR, those emails for you were to be expected. Hope you get it soon!

Comment

I love how this is still an excuse, 3 years after Covid. In other words, We regret to inform you we are too incompetent to have had 3 years to find another source, yet decided we will just wait and see. Because whatever, go buy another truck if you want, someone else will just buy this one if you don't.

Comment

I did get one delay email before I was scheduled, and I think they send that out every 45 days. But since you ordered a Job 2 KR, those emails for you were to be expected. Hope you get it soon!
                      Ya, not much we can do but wait at this point now. Bought a 22 a month ago and just waiting now.

Comment

Originally posted by WItoTX View Post
                        I love how this is still an excuse, 3 years after Covid. In other words, We regret to inform you we are too incompetent to have had 3 years to find another source, yet decided we will just wait and see. Because whatever, go buy another truck if you want, someone else will just buy this one if you don't.
                        Absolutely agree. It’s a joke for sure. They want you to walk away too-so they can mark it up 10-15% over MSRP and sell as many as they can get.

Comment

Originally posted by shwacker1911 View Post
                          Don't get one if you want to put a flat bed on it. Ford made it to where you remove the factory tail lights it shuts off all the lights
                          All the big bed makers have trucks trying to find a work around.
                          I’m about to give this a shot tmw morning, I think we got it figured out

Comment

Originally posted by WItoTX View Post
                            It’s not just happening to truck manufacturers.
                            I am a project manager for an electrical contractor. It’s over a year lead times for anll manufacturers of electrical gear.

Comment

When y’all are placing an order what are they having you put down?

Comment

Originally posted by CoachS View Post
                                When y’all are placing an order what are they having you put down?

Nothing down. They know if we don’t follow trough with the purchase, someone else is ready to buy.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                                X