• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by wytex View Post
    Funny , he was way wrong.
    Every Dr said it was commotio cordis.

Cleared to play again too.
    link? i never saw anyone come out and say what caused it. edit: link from a doctor that actually treated him, not someone speculating.

they should have just asked hamlin what he was told caused it during one of his interviews...oh wait
    Last edited by jshouse; 04-18-2023, 12:54 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by wytex View Post
      Funny , he was way wrong.
      Every Dr said it was commotio cordis.

Cleared to play again too.
      I can see how he got it wrong. In Hamlin's instance, all the data we have so far is not supportive of CC, as Drew points out. Which he also makes the point, why not release the info, so other Dr's can see all the information themselves in their own practice. I can understand where he is coming from.

Clearly Dr. Drew was wrong. It will be very interesting to see if Hamlin comes back to the NFL. I know I wouldn't allow him to play after something like that. Maybe a coach. But no more contact. But that is just me, and luckily for Hamlin, I am not the Bills owner. Who, coincidentally, had cardiac arrest as well, and still has not recovered.

Comment

Since when did we ask people to publicly release medical information?

Comment

Originally posted by dosrobles View Post
          all the time with athletes, celebs....

CINCINNATI — After breaking his left thumb and missing a total of 58 days last year, Bryce Harper made 10 plate appearances in two triple-A games, cut off his minor league assignment, and rejoined the Phillies’ lineup. Based on that experience, how many at-bats might he need in the minors as he works his way back from Tommy John surgery? “I really don’t know if he will go on an assignment,” ...

Visit ESPN for the 2023-24 NBA season injury status per team, with details on players that are out, day-to-day, or on the injured reserve.

Comment

Originally posted by dosrobles View Post
            You mean like asking vax status for getting on a plane, eating at McDonalds or keeping your job?

Comment

Originally posted by cehorn View Post
              You mean like asking vax status for getting on a plane, eating at McDonalds or keeping your job?
              Bingo

Comment

Buffalo Bills safety Damar Hamlin detailed what happened the night he suffered cardiac arrest on the field during a game against the Cincinnati Bengals Jan. 2.

Recent interview.

He is also cleared to play.
                Last edited by Bayouboy; 04-18-2023, 04:41 PM.

Comment

well here we go... good to know the cause was decided so now we an learn more about it and hopefully how (try) to prevent it...

"The diagnosis of what happened to me was basically commotio cordis. It’s a direct blow at a specific point in your heartbeat that causes cardiac arrest," Hamlin added. "And five to seven seconds later, you fall out. … Commotio cordis is the leading cause of death in youth athletes across all sports. So, that's something that I personally will be taking a step in to make a change. Also, with that being said, all of the awareness around CPR and access to AEDs have been lowering that number as well."

Comment

I think he’s nuts to go back on the field. I sure wouldn’t. I’d rather live than trifle with another event.

Comment

With a helmet on, Bills safety Damar Hamlin took part in team drills on Tuesday for the first time this spring and some six months since having a near-death experience during a game.

That’s one hell of a stunt double they found him.

Comment

Working...
                      X