X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by M16 View Post

That would be for a pair.
    Nice,
    That would come in under half of what I paid for what feels like 4 years ago. (I think they were 4800 between my out of placket and insurance).

I could go VA but always hear of poor experiences dealing with the Houston branch.
    hmm, I wonder if I’m stuck with using the closest or where the next VA hospital would be?

$1599 and no government hassle sure sounds bargainish too me.

Comment

grats on the new aids. I have the rextons too- I prefer the rechargeables. The recharge case has a built in battery so if you can’t get to power over the course of another day- you can still charge them. Not to mention- you can charge them in your car/ usb. The warranty I believe is 3 yrs. I think you’re going to like them

Comment

Originally posted by RyHolub View Post

Not trying to hijack a thread but I’m a young guy and unfortunately need hearing aids. Just got some ordered last Friday. Why would you go for batteries over the rechargeable?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
        Easy to pop in batteries and just keep going

im a young guy with hearing aids as well

Comment

It's time for me to get new ones. thinking about driving from Waco to Round Rock just for a Costco.

Comment

Originally posted by HappyMangle View Post
            Did you get those hearing aids? Happy with everything? How often do you need to do hearing aid repair and how does it work when you are without hearing aids for a couple of days? I am getting my first pair on a couple of weeks and honestly am a little frustrated with all the information and questions i have in my head.
            I got them and love them. Best hearing aids I have had by far. Took my dad down to get him a set last Thursday. The Rextons are now 1499 for the pair, and the Jabra my dad is getting is 1599 for the pair. He gets his new ones Tuesday. The Jabra are the more powerful ones and fits his hearing loss better than mine. I am at 65% loss and my dad is at 80% loss.

Comment

I've had two pair from Costco and absolutely zero complaints. There 6 month trial and the free replacement coverage is unheard of. I had to replace my pair thanks to my dog getting ahold of them and the process was seamless. I have since talked my mother in law into getting some from there and my Dad is about to get a pair. I tried the rechargeable and after just a week returned them for ones with replaceable batteries. It is so easy to keep spare batteries in every vehicle so if or when they go dead it is as simple as just changing them out. My batteries last 7 days, so I just make a point to change batteries every Sunday night so I rarely have them go dead when wearing them. My current pair are Jabra.

Comment

Originally posted by IowaHunter View Post
                In case you forgot to charge them. Drop in new batteries and hit the road.
                The charger has it's own battery. Take charger with you. Aids will be charged by time you get to work.

Comment

Originally posted by RyHolub View Post

Not trying to hijack a thread but I’m a young guy and unfortunately need hearing aids. Just got some ordered last Friday. Why would you go for batteries over the rechargeable?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                  I have 3 pair and only use battery. I sometimes wear mine 18-20 hours a day, i travel a lot. If hearing aids go dead ALL I need is a battery and I'm back in business.

Comment

Originally posted by Meatcutter View Post

I have 3 pair and only use battery. I sometimes wear mine 18-20 hours a day, i travel a lot. If hearing aids go dead ALL I need is a battery and I'm back in business.
                    That was my biggest reason for batteries. I'd put them in when I woke up & they'd be dead before I got home from work.

Comment

Well my hearing aids heard me read this thread and the right decided to fail in protest.

Now I have an appointment for Monday and see they offer 3 brands-

Rexton
                      Phillips &
                      Jebra

Two of these brands I’ve heard of, the third I have not.

any feedback concerning these brands?

Comment

Originally posted by DaveC View Post
                        Well my hearing aids heard me read this thread and the right decided to fail in protest.

Rexton
                        Phillips &
                        Jebra

I've had my Jabra for several years and no complaints.

Comment

Originally posted by DaveC View Post

Rexton
                          Phillips &
                          Jebra

C n y o h a r m n w?

Comment

Originally posted by ThisLadyHunts View Post

C n y o h a r m n w?
                            not yet

maybe next Monday after I pick them up.

$1499 drive out ain’t too shabby compared to what I paid for my previous pair.
                            ( the tax is somehow included in the price)

Costco not taking Mastercard was an unexpected twist.
                            No points earned on this purchase.

Luckily they did take debit.

Oh and a tour of the store ended up with $215 worth of stuff we didn’t know we needed - lol.

Then a tank top off on our way out. More points not earned, but $2.91 for regular I’ll take it.

Comment

Working...
                            X