No announcement yet.

2023 College Baseball

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Series win over Baylor ..should have been a sweep if not for this **** bullpen!

Comment

Texas pitchers had 10+ walks and the lineup had 10+ k’s today. It was brutal to watch in person. Plate ump would not call a strike at the belt or across the knees today for either team. Difference in strikeouts was due to Texas swinging and missing more than they didn’t!

Comment

Series win was ugly

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Tech shat the bed and most of the master bedroom today. 10 run ruled. Should have just pulled out last night and saved arms for that pathetic showing.

Comment

Frogs just lost a series to the UNC-Wilmington Seahawks. Got flat out whupped twice. At this point in the season, it’s apparent that we only have one serviceable weekend starting pitcher, and he’s a freshman. When 2/3 of the weekend starters regularly don’t make it thru 4 innings, the bullpen warts all get exposed. Can’t say that the sticks or defensive play is sterling at this juncture either.

Comment

Cajuns tame dem kittens on a Tuesday night.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Tech continues the strong streak with a 6-1 win against Grand Canyon. If you want to see a future star watch video of Grand Canyon/team U.S.A. shortstop that plays for them. He is special.

Comment

Coworker’s son against LSU last night

Daddy is a happy camper at work today.

Weird. It plays on my phone. But, not on the computer.
                  Last edited by Bayouboy; 04-19-2023, 05:37 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Chad C View Post
                    Cajuns tame dem kittens on a Tuesday night.
                    baseball is a crazy sport, where sometimes the hero is someone you least expected.

The Cajun pitcher (Christie) is a middle reliever who normally pitches 1-3 innings setting up the closer. In 3 years (46 appearances) last night was only his 3rd start. Being a mid-week game, coaches told him to throw strikes and the plan was to pull him after 2 innings. Kid has the game of his lifetime. Throws 6.0 innings, 93 pitches, gives up 3 hits, 1 earned run, 4 BB's, and 1 SO.

If you've ever watched ULL, they play solid defense and will beat you playing small ball. Lots of base stealing (lead the Nation) and sacrifice bunts forcing the opposition to field the ball and make a great throw. Every player has to know how to bunt effectively as LSU was not prepared for this offense.

LSU got the leadoff runner on base for 7 of the 9 innings and couldn't manufacture runs. Cajun outhit LSU 14 to 10, and LSU committed 2 costly errors. ULL put up crooked numbers in the 2nd, 3rd, 4th, and 7th innings. LSU scored single runs in the first 3 innings and then their bats went silent.

Typical sports reactions: LSU fans are kicking their dogs and hating on "little brother", and Cajun fans are partying like it's 1999 and have bragging rights until they meet again. I attended to both schools and got 2 degrees from USL (ULL). I just wanted to see a competitive game and mutual respect from all the players. This series was cancelled for 5-6 years in the mid 2000's due to lots of heated animosity.

Comment

[QUOTE=Cajun Blake;16733970]baseball is a crazy sport, where sometimes the hero is someone you least expected.

The Cajun pitcher (Christie) is a middle reliever who normally pitches 1-3 innings setting up the closer. In 3 years (46 appearances) last night was only his 3rd start. Being a mid-week game, coaches told him to throw strikes and the plan was to pull him after 2 innings. Kid has the game of his lifetime. Throws 6.0 innings, 93 pitches, gives up 3 hits, 1 earned run, 4 BB's, and 1 SO.

If you've ever watched ULL, they play solid defense and will beat you playing small ball. Lots of base stealing (lead the Nation) and sacrifice bunts forcing the opposition to field the ball and make a great throw. Every player has to know how to bunt effectively as LSU was not prepared for this offense.

LSU got the leadoff runner on base for 7 of the 9 innings and couldn't manufacture runs. Cajun outhit LSU 14 to 10, and LSU committed 2 costly errors. ULL put up crooked numbers in the 2nd, 3rd, 4th, and 7th innings. LSU scored single runs in the first 3 innings and then their bats went silent.

Typical sports reactions: LSU fans are kicking their dogs and hating on "little brother", and Cajun fans are partying like it's 1999 and have bragging rights until they meet again. I attended to both schools and got 2 degrees from USL (ULL). I just wanted to see a competitive game and mutual respect from all the players. This series was cancelled for 5-6 years in the mid 2000's due to lots of heated animosity.

Hell yeah Cajuns balled all night and got the big win. Tigers won the last two meetings and
                      Cajuns won the three prior to that. I always enjoy the series with these two and pull
                      for both all season. Most Tiger fans won't like this but I would prefer to enter the post season not at #1. Rebels are next in Hot Toddy country for the Tigers and Cajuns are at James Madison in VA.

Comment

Texas's Tanner Witt threw his third live session and is expected to throw some at the TCU series. Good news for him.

Comment

Originally posted by Bayouboy View Post
                          Coworker’s son against LSU last night

Daddy is a happy camper at work today.

Weird. It plays on my phone. But, not on the computer.
                          No doubter right there!

Sent from my SM-A716V using Tapatalk

Comment

Horns up 11-0 in the second on ACU.

Comment

And the news on Tanner Witt?

Comment

2023 College Baseball

Originally posted by Txhunter3000 View Post
                                And the news on Tanner Witt?

Said possible against TCU. Threw some more today.

15-0

Comment

Working...
                                X