2023 College Baseball

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Minchey pitched a helluva game....

TSU's Medrano owned the Longhorn batters though. Thankfully we got to the pitcher before and after him.

5-0 good guys in the top of the 8th

Comment

Horns win 5-2. Game 5 in a row starts tomorrow at 6:30 at the Disch.

Comment

That was a fun game. Crowd was in to it, and I enjoyed the SWT broadcast.

Having to stream games can really suck as far as broadcast teams go. I’ve become somewhat of a critic, especially of the non-affiliated guys….because I’m a baseball nerd. Really enjoyed the ag broadcast last week too, they were very good. I’m biased and fortunate to have Swindell, and Moreland, but some of them are really bad.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Dale Moser View Post

Having to stream games can really suck as far as broadcast teams go. I’ve become somewhat of a critic, especially of the non-affiliated guys….because I’m a baseball nerd. Really enjoyed the ag broadcast last week too, they were very good. I’m biased and fortunate to have Swindell, and Moreland, but some of them are really bad.

Agreed....They did a god job tonight. Helped they had a former Longhorn on the team but it was a good broadcast...

Comment

I have said it time and time again, but Swindell and Moreland are the best in the business. They do a great job of an unbiased baseball broadcast even though those guys have their names on the wall.

Props to Coach Peirce and his team so far this year. I was hyper critical of them early on as I didn't see much out of this squad but they are 20-3 and have three of the toughest Big 12 series behind them. I will say I don't think they are a great team though. They are weak at SS and the bullpen walks way to many guys. I believe the Big 12 is down in overall this year from what I have seen.

Comment

Originally posted by Smart View Post
              Minchey pitched a helluva game....
              I'm a fan for personal reasons. Cool Story Bro: Minchey's dad (had a few cups of coffee in the big leagues) went to the same high school as I did but was about 5 years ahead of me so I didn't know him from school. BUT, my senior year was the baseball strike year so he was home and would come out and work out with us. I wasn't catching at the time so I didn't get to catch him but he also helped with practices while he was there so he hit me a ton of fungo. He was always fun to be around and didn't mind talking trash in a funny way. I will always remember booting a ball he hit to me and when I turned around for the next one he had a glove on his foot and told me to try it this way if I was going to field like that. It was funny the way he did it. Anyway, good look to the younger Minchey!!

Comment

Originally posted by eradicator View Post
                How long you have to do that nonsense? Or is this a permanent move?
                Oh heck no. If we leave our place in Wimberley the goal is more land near Lampassas.

Working in Virginia for awhile. 10 on 4 off. With travel and weekends it's more like 7 on 7 off. Not too bad.

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Dale Moser View Post

Agreed....They did a god job tonight. Helped they had a former Longhorn on the team but it was a good broadcast...
                  Originally posted by Heath View Post
                  I have said it time and time again, but Swindell and Moreland are the best in the business. They do a great job of an unbiased baseball broadcast even though those guys have their names on the wall.

Props to Coach Peirce and his team so far this year. I was hyper critical of them early on as I didn't see much out of this squad but they are 20-3 and have three of the toughest Big 12 series behind them. I will say I don't think they are a great team though. They are weak at SS and the bullpen walks way to many guys. I believe the Big 12 is down in overall this year from what I have seen.
                  Who were the broadcasters last night? I thought they did a good job as well and I couldn't figure out who the guy that was a Longhorn and Texas State dude was.

Comment

Originally posted by El General View Post
                    Who were the broadcasters last night? I thought they did a good job as well and I couldn't figure out who the guy that was a Longhorn and Texas State dude was.

Texas state play by play was Brant Freeman. The color guy from Texas’ name I’m drawing a blank. Give me a sec

Comment

2023 College Baseball

Color was Ty Harrington who played infield for Texas. Also the former TSU coach

Comment

Color was Ty Harrington who played infield for Texas. Also the former TSU coach
                        Ty is good people

Comment

Bobcats up 6-3 at the Disch.

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

Comment

Ty is good people
                            That may be the first time I’ve ever heard that.

Comment

2023 College Baseball

Ty is good people

Seems pretty solid in his interviews and his play by play calls

Comment

Amber Heard is having her way with the Disch and this bottom side of the bullpen. What a mess.

Comment

Working...
                                X