Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

No idea how they could do it at $4500.

Comment

This thread makes me glad I'm no longer in the business and sympathy for those in the business.....

Comment

Originally posted by bklem View Post

I have a new 2800 sf build going up on LBJ. Siding going on right now. I'll be keeping this quote in my back pocket. Are you saying materials are $2K and labor $4K?
        Depending on porch size and garage I bet you will be around $20,000 interior and exterior

Comment

Painting IMO is one of those things that seem to cost a lot but is really worth it IF you get a good painter. But if you pay a lot and have a crappy painter that would suck!

Comment

Originally posted by RiverRat1 View Post
            Painting IMO is one of those things that seem to cost a lot but is really worth it IF you get a good painter. But if you pay a lot and have a crappy painter that would suck!
            People have not idea.......I got called on a bid where a painter royally screwed it up big 2 story house in Frisco and never heard back, fast forward over a year later get called for a bid and low and behold same house and second painter made it worse.....told owner "you know I was here over a year ago and you didn't use me"......he him hawwed around and I said no thanks got in truck and left......another job for a couple rooms as soon as I walked in could see bad paint job in foyer area, didn't say anything but homeowner said painter didn't do good job and I said yes I noticed. Wanted bid on a room or two which we got and he was pleased, again fast forward year or two later calls me for another bid on other rooms and gave him fair bid and he said ok he had 2 other painters coming to give bids and never heard back......had bad painter, got good painter and then risked another bad painter....again, glad I don't deal with those people anymore.....

Comment

Working...
            X