House painting cost?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

House painting cost?

We inherited a house when my mother in law died. We have been slowly doing renovations on it and are now renting it out. The exterior is in need of painting. I'm replacing some trim and soffit that is bad, so the wood will be good except needing some scraping of the trim that is still good. Its about a 1500 square foot single story home with masonite siding. What would be decent price to have the exterior painted. This is located in cooke county if that helps

More than you are going to want to pay. Everyone on TBF thinks all services are way to high except the one they provide.

Comment

Originally posted by tpack View Post
      More than you are going to want to pay. Everyone on TBF thinks all services are way to high except the one they provide.

Comment

Around $2700 with materials and labor...

Comment

Originally posted by Johnny Dangerr View Post
          Around $2700 with materials and labor...
          I say over. Quotes will be $3,500-$5000 Just my guess.

Comment

Send me a couple pictures of the house and a time line. I may come over and do it for ya for ya cheap

Comment

I do this for a living and RiverRat1 is right somewhere between $3500 and 5k depending on prep. Paint costs are up just like everything else. I can get you 20% at Home Depot on paint if you want to buy the paint.

Comment

It all depends on whether you want an “all around” job or a professional job.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

My suggestion would be to get bids from some painters after they actually view the building, instead of getting WAGs on TBH...but what do I know?

Comment

Tell the renters to do it and some off of there rent till it's paid off

Comment

Originally posted by Burnadell View Post
                      ...but what do I know?
                      How to be a curmudgeon.

Sounds like he wanted to get a baseline before calling pros for quotes, seems like he got just what he was looking for.

Comment

I got quotes to do some taping, bedding and texturing of 2 bedrooms. Their quote to JUST paint those 2 averaged $2000 for EACH bedroom. As you can guess, I am not paying $4000 to have 2 bedrooms painted, I will paint them myself.

Comment

Originally posted by Keith View Post
                          I got quotes to do some taping, bedding and texturing of 2 bedrooms. Their quote to JUST paint those 2 averaged $2000 for EACH bedroom. As you can guess, I am not paying $4000 to have 2 bedrooms painted, I will paint them myself.
                          $2000 for a bedroom? 😂😂😂😂😂

I’ve painted the interior of my whole house for less than that.
                          Is it professional? Who cares when you’re saving that kind of coin.

Comment

Just paid $4500 for a new construction home, 2900 sq ft.

Comment

Originally posted by CSanders View Post
                              Just paid $4500 for a new construction home, 2900 sq ft.

That's a cheap house! You got the deal of the century.

Comment

Working...
                              X