Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Salty H20 2023 Thread- How Salty Will You Get??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by AtTheWall View Post

Use a Quick Release knot - learn to tie this knot, and you can release an OG stringer with a big fish up tight, with the stringer brass tip, ready to lip poke for hold.K

Yeah, good luck tying it in the new slick stringers. They just don't tie well.

Just buy a longline clip and be done with it. This is a really simple solution that works very well and lasts basically forever.

Comment

Another stringer tip. When you clip the stringer onto the longline clip pull about 2' to 2.5' of stringer past the clip. 2' of the end with the spike. Let it hang. When you grab a fish you can grab the stringer spike with your other hand and stick the spike through the fish's lips and then hold onto the stringer spike before you even unclip the stringer from the longline clip. Figure out which hand you like to hold fish in and which hand you like to string the fish with and secure your longline clip on that side of your body. When you have a fish in your hand you don't have to be fumbling to get your stringer free if you do what I am telling you. You have a couple feet of stringer, stick the spike thru his lips, hold onto the spike. Unhook the fish and drop it. Then unclip your stringer and let the fish slide down to the end of the stringer and reclip it. I don't know if I am getting that across well or not but it is fast and easy.

Comment

Originally posted by zztex View Post

You may not remember but you were with me when I had a stringer come loose in the surf and lost some fish. I’ve had a problem with stringers a couple times. I’ve got a couple good ones, but quit using them. Been using a Do-Net for awhile now, but it’s getting kinda ragged out so I bought one of these bags cuz I know some people on here said they liked em. It sure is big. I’m having second thoughts. It has some foam built in and it says it floats?
        Yeah I remember we had a pile of fish and didn't miss the few you lost...

Comment

Here you go. You can get them with or without swivels and in a bunch of sizes. The ones I use are probably in the 4" range. The bigger you get the harder they are to squeeze open.

Amazon.com : Laxygo 5pcs Longline Fishing Snap Clips Stainless Steel Floatline Tuna Clips with Rolling Swivel 5 Sizes : Sports & Outdoors
          Last edited by Capt Glenn; 06-23-2023, 03:31 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by zztex View Post

Sounds good also. A lot of my wading I’m specifically targeting flounder. I’m imagining myself trying to hang on to one of those slippery suckers in my hand and trying to undo that velcro
            Yeah flounder is nice, rip the bag open and stick the gig in, then use the bag to pull the flounder off. I hate putting flounder on stringers lol

Comment

Stinky pants stringer and clip, wade & yak a bunch no issues.

Comment

Originally posted by Capt Glenn View Post
                Here you go. You can get them with or without swivels and in a bunch of sizes. The ones I use are probably in the 4" range. The bigger you get the harder they are to squeeze open.

Amazon.com : Laxygo 5pcs Longline Fishing Snap Clips Stainless Steel Floatline Tuna Clips with Rolling Swivel 5 Sizes : Sports & Outdoors
                Thanks Glenn, gonna order those
                Originally posted by justletmein View Post

Yeah flounder is nice, rip the bag open and stick the gig in, then use the bag to pull the flounder off. I hate putting flounder on stringers lol
                No gig bro, in the daylight

Comment

ZZ, stick with the do-net!! I got one of those that the FTU guys stock that’s made out of a ring of stringer floats. I wore out a couple do-nets but this thing seems to be indestructible. It’s much faster than a stringer or the Velcro float noodle bag!
                  h close the draw string top til it has about a 6-8” free hole and tie it off with a slip knot. Catch a fish, un hook him, slide his nose in the hole and turn him loose. You’re back to fishing. No retirement stringer, restock the Velcro, no- nothing.

Comment

Surf looks great right now. Anyone down there to corroborate? I might hit Free Beach East if Surfside in the morning. Tide looks perfect too for sunrise tomorrow.

Comment

Originally posted by Sackett View Post
                      Surf looks great right now. Anyone down there to corroborate? I might hit Free Beach East if Surfside in the morning. Tide looks perfect too for sunrise tomorrow.
                      Are you sure you’re looking at a current camera? Looks pretty rough to me and supposed to be higher winds in the morning.

Comment

Shoreline I fished this morning in Portland looked like the surf. Fishing has been tough for me
                        with this wind

Comment

Originally posted by droebuck View Post

Are you sure you’re looking at a current camera? Looks pretty rough to me and supposed to be higher winds in the morning.
                          This was from earlier today. I consider this good “fishing” surf with a little bit of wave and Sandy-green water. Factor in the tide at sunrise and it could be good.

Comment

Originally posted by Sackett View Post

This was from earlier today. I consider this good “fishing” surf with a little bit of wave and Sandy-green water. Factor in the tide at sunrise and it could be good.

10-4, too sporty for me but hope you get them good if you go. Good luck bud.

Comment

Took the neighbors kid this morning. He bought a quart of shrimp. Well wind didn’t lay to 9 mph like predicted for 2 hours and I could get where I wanted. I went to some docks to see if I could find him some drum or redfish. He caught about 20 mangroves from 10-15 inches. He was so happy with a tight line and gallon of fillets

Comment

Nice Glen!

Comment

Working...
                                X