Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Salty H20 2023 Thread- How Salty Will You Get??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yeah I know I could chunk bait and will do it if it means not getting skunked.. But I’ve always wanted to catch trout on lures in the surf/learn how to fish it

Comment

Kyle, I run down and fish the surf a fair amount. Feel free to PM or text.

Comment

Originally posted by BBBGP View Post
        Kyle, I run down and fish the surf a fair amount. Feel free to PM or text.

Pretty sure I still have your number. If not I’ll go through my pm

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Originally posted by kd350 View Post
          Yeah I know I could chunk bait and will do it if it means not getting skunked.. But I’ve always wanted to catch trout on lures in the surf/learn how to fish it
          So you're targeting trout lol. Don't overlook spoons, cover a lot of territory and cast easily in the wind. Kastmaster, etc. I've never caught a trout in a spoon, but everyone else does. Look for anything that's different that indicates structure, a big point sticking out, suckouts or differences in the waves. If nothing else an area with a bunch of pelicans resting can be an indicator. Obviously if you see birds working there's likely fish but much of the time those are skipjack.
          Last edited by justletmein; 05-27-2023, 11:59 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by justletmein View Post
            So you're targeting trout lol. Don't overlook spoons, cover a lot of territory and cast easily in the wind. Kastmaster, etc. I've never caught a trout in a spoon, but everyone else does.

Yeah I have a handful of silver spoons, a bunch of mirrolures (everything from mirrodines/xl, to catch 5 and 2000’s and double d), and more plastics than I probably should have. And of course….. vudu shrimp

Comment

I edited in some more above. If you can find a wade gut or sandbar that pinches off on the shoreline always fish thatbimside pocket it creates as well as around it.

Comment

Originally posted by CentralTXHunter View Post
                Appreciate all the suggestions folks. Unfortunately my dad had a cardiac event and is being life flighted to SA. I’m headed there now.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                Prayers for pops!

Comment

Appreciate all the suggestions folks. Unfortunately my dad had a cardiac event and is being life flighted to SA. I’m headed there now.

How's he doing?

Comment

Originally posted by justletmein View Post
                    How's he doing?

He’s stable for now. Trying to control his rhythms with medication. They were talking about sedating him and putting him on a ventilator last night, but seem to have scrapped that idea for now as the meds are working.

Comment

Anyone done much beach fishing around Gulf Shores?? My plan is to beach fish at kiva dunes where our condo is, But also drive into orange beach and kayak inside the bay of Perdido Pass one day..

I have a 12 foot rod, a 8 foot rod and two bay rods im bringing along with a kayak.. From everyting ive been watching, pompano seem to be what everyone wants to catch down there. I really want to catch a big redfish or small shark tho.. Guess ill just throw some shrimp and fish gum in the first and second cut and if I catch something good for cut bait ill throw a big hunk of that out deep.. Maybe even take it out with the kayak..

Also would it be dumb to go out a little off the beach with kayak if weather is good and look for something cool?

Comment

Comment

He’s stable for now. Trying to control his rhythms with medication. They were talking about sedating him and putting him on a ventilator last night, but seem to have scrapped that idea for now as the meds are working.

Praying for you and your family.

Comment

Originally posted by TeamAmerica View Post
                            I’ve seen beach runners in the fall putting on a show but that’s 5 acres of RedFish right there.👍👍

Comment

Here is a start of the summer
                              From Canada to the Gulf of Mexico

Comment

Got into some really nice ones this morning. Hopefully they’re still there in the morning.

Comment

Working...
                                X