Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Salty H20 2023 Thread- How Salty Will You Get??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by gigem95 View Post
    My son sight casted this triple tail on the trip. I’ve never caught one before. Pretty neat!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Wow so awesome

Comment

We’re staying in Key Allegro for the weekend for a graduation. Any suggestions on areas I can walk in and wade early morning?

Comment

Originally posted by Gumbo Man View Post
        Cool pics and “Old School” trout grip. How did we ever survive before Bogas !!
        It’s been a while, but I used to carry a net. Only time I use the Boga now is just to get a weight on a thick trout, or like today that stud redfish.

Thanks folks!

Comment

Originally posted by CentralTXHunter View Post
          We’re staying in Key Allegro for the weekend for a graduation. Any suggestions on areas I can walk in and wade early morning?

We used to do alot of wading around the statue we called the virgin Mary off fulton Beach road. Caught a ton of flounder around the pilings and some trout out in the sand holes. Then out in front of the sandcastle hotel and a few others on that same road. Been about 10 years since I've been in that area so not sure how it is now.

Comment

Many many years ago, I was very young and caught some really nice flounder right around the docks dragging live shrimp on the bottom at Kontiki. I recall one being 22”. Also just down the road in a different lagoon I caught my first 2 keeper redfish when I was 13yrs old. Still have that photo.
            I remember people pulling over on the side of the road to watch and see what I was reeling in.

If I was shore bound I’d at least give it a try until I got run off [emoji28]. Cast net some love finger mullet and drag them on the bottom and see if I could pick up a flounder or redfish.

Comment

Another good spot I’ve parked at and walked in to wade and caught some excellent trout. Pitching finger mullet with a hook and no weight. It’s a bit of a drive from Key Allegro but I’d put my money on it producing some fish. Wade that whole thing and it will fill a morning or evening

Park at the drop pin.

Comment

Originally posted by Mr. Public View Post

Another good spot I’ve parked at and walked in to wade and caught some excellent trout. Pitching finger mullet with a hook and no weight. It’s a bit of a drive from Key Allegro but I’d put my money on it producing some fish. Wade that whole thing and it will fill a morning or evening

Park at the drop pin.

My buddy lives in that neighborhood and we used to kayak there. I thought for sure there was a boat channel for the houses along that bank, we used to work the drop off looking for schools in the winter. You could walk across it from the pin though? Map sure looks like it.
                Last edited by justletmein; 05-26-2023, 10:36 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by justletmein View Post
                  My buddy lives in that neighborhood and we used to kayak there. I thought for sure there was a boat channel for the houses along that bank, we used to work the drop off looking for schools in the winter. You could walk across it from the pin though?

I would walk right in and stay in the flat and work the outside edges of the drop off.

Where that red pin is at its just knee to thigh deep.

Comment

Appreciate all the suggestions folks. Unfortunately my dad had a cardiac event and is being life flighted to SA. I’m headed there now.

Comment

Appreciate all the suggestions folks. Unfortunately my dad had a cardiac event and is being life flighted to SA. I’m headed there now.

Prayers for your fathers full recovery

Comment

^^^

Comment

Been slow around port a the past few days so we ran down to Baffin this morning and caught a quick limit of trout and then went a little further south and found the reds, biggest being 27”. Was a good morning out there!

Comment

Thank you. He has congestive heart failure and is on the transplant list. So it’s been something we’ve dealt with before, but it’s scary and sucks. Fortunate to have the time I’ve had with him, but I selfishly want much more.

Comment

Thank you. He has congestive heart failure and is on the transplant list. So it’s been something we’ve dealt with before, but it’s scary and sucks. Fortunate to have the time I’ve had with him, but I selfishly want much more.

Man I'm so, so sorry that your dad is going through this! I enjoyed my dad up until December of 1999... I'd give anything now to just sit and talk to him again!! I pray that the Lord gives your dad many years here on the "green side of the grass"!!

Lord God in Heaven, we ask You if it is within Your will and plans, heal this man. Give him years to be Your witness in the land. We know Lord that You can heal him and restore his heart and yet, because of the science of modern medicine, we also know that You sometimes provide a way to give new life through the death of another. If this is the case for this man's dad, Lord we thank You for the life of the donor and we hope that You bring one family peace as You give another family joy. We look forward to Your hand in this man's life regardless of how You choose to heal him for service here or eternally in Heaven. In Jesus name, Amen.

Comment

Originally posted by SaltwaterSlick View Post
                                Man I'm so, so sorry that your dad is going through this! I enjoyed my dad up until December of 1999... I'd give anything now to just sit and talk to him again!! I pray that the Lord gives your dad many years here on the "green side of the grass"!!

Lord God in Heaven, we ask You if it is within Your will and plans, heal this man. Give him years to be Your witness in the land. We know Lord that You can heal him and restore his heart and yet, because of the science of modern medicine, we also know that You sometimes provide a way to give new life through the death of another. If this is the case for this man's dad, Lord we thank You for the life of the donor and we hope that You bring one family peace as You give another family joy. We look forward to Your hand in this man's life regardless of how You choose to heal him for service here or eternally in Heaven. In Jesus name, Amen.

The Holy Spirit always flows through you when you pray here on TBH. I’ve always been in awe. This one of course hits home harder than the others I’ve read. I’m in tears, but want you to know how much I admire and appreciate you.

Comment

Working...
                                X