Announcement

Collapse

TBH Maintenance

Ongoing TBH Website maintenance this evening. Your TBH visit may not be optimal during this service window.
See more
See less

If you havent killed a buck yet?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

This weather reminds me of the warm season we had last year . I'm on public again this year. And have only been out one evening so far. I'm also banking on a draw hunt I got for Jan 6-8th in a very popular place. Hopefully, lots of axis will fall on that one . Otherwise, it's chicken and turkey all year again . I don't eat beef or domestic pork anymore. Just wild red meat.

Comment

Good year to sit and watch so far. Everytime out could be it! Enjoying just getting away.

Comment

I have got one buck down, but if I get a second archery buck or a late muzzy buck it will most likely be over food in the evening.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Comment

If I could only hunt 2 weeks of the year, it would be last week dec and first week of jan.

Comment

It's been slow and un-interesting around our neck of the woods, but I can't complain after the last several years. Besides, my son got him a nice one in Oklahoma with his grandpa. I moved a few cameras around, and baited them up, but it's whatever for me. Got a buddy's kiddo that I hope to get on his first doe and pig before the year is over, but that's about the size of it. Need to kill a few does.

Comment

Planning on hunting my buddy's place in muzzleloader season.

Until then doing my best to take it easy on my knee.

Comment

I passed on the 2 biggest bucks killed onbour place earlier this year. I havent seen anything larger on camera. I dont have a plan, I just hope Im in the right place at the right time when a bigger buck passes by

Comment

Nothing on camera that excites me this year. Unless my daughter wants one they all get to walk until next year. I'll fill freezer with does. I'm covered up in them.

Comment

Basically late season hunting is hunting them where they sleep/eat.

Comment

I’m gonna hold out for colder weather and give it hell after Christmas through the end of January. Thank God for MLDP!

Comment

Niller corn. Scrape a tree and pee on it. Draw in the punnanni. Draw in the bucks.

Comment

Plan on posting up for the last 10 days this year, only exception being x-mas day.
                          Heavy on the hand corn and all day sits.
                          2 of the biggest bucks I've seen already have shown up between 1200 and 1245.

Comment

No real plans. I’ll just go as much as I can and see what happens. Last Saturday evening I drew back on this buck at 15 yards. He came in perfect, didn’t have a clue anything was going on. As I was dialing in on him, he turned his back to me. I held at full draw to the point my muscles were cramping up on me. The ******* never would turn back broadside. When I let down, he spooked.

He was literally there every morning and evening for two week’s waiting for the feeder to go off. Now he’s only showing up at night. Hopefully he’ll start coming in daylight here next weekend. I’ll give it a try again.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Been working 7 on & 1 off at a Dow shutdown since September 6th and drooling over all of the deer inside their fence line. I'm finally getting in a 3 day paid hunt out west of Llano this week. I regretted getting off my Diboll lease earlier this year until I heard of their dismal numbers sighted so far. Not even any hogs.

Comment

Well here, the rut is usually the later half of October, then pretty much done by the first week of November. But this year, it was at least two weeks late. Either way, the rut is done, over with. I won't get any bucks on camera till maybe maybe January after the season is over. Probably won't see any legal bucks again, till next October. After the rut is over here, the legal bucks don't show up on our place anymore. Oddly we had a pretty nice buck show up late January and early February last year.

I am curious what piece of property the older bucks hang out on, during most of the year, all I know, is it's not our property. I saw one legal buck, while sitting in the blind this year, but I did not shoot it, because I had been seeing a very nice eight point on camera, that I was hoping to get a shot at. I think saw the big eight at least once, maybe twice chasing a doe, while I was bow hunting, but both times, I was watching a doe get chased by a buck in very thick brush and really could not make out the buck good enough to know how big it was. I later pulled cards from my cameras and found that the big eight had showed up both of those mornings. Pretty sure that's the buck I was seeing, but had zero chance of shooting it with a bow, both mornings. Had I had a rifle, one of those mornings I probably could have shot him, by threading the needle, with a shot through a hole in the brush. But I would not have known what buck it was till I walked over and found it dead. The only shot I had was the top part of it's neck and it's head. I could not see it's rack, only the base of the rack. Then could tell there were antlers moving behind the brush on either side of the hole I could see the buck's head through.

My season is done for this year.
                                Last edited by RifleBowPistol; 12-07-2022, 08:05 AM.

Comment

Working...
                                X