Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Missing Girl Wise Co - Athena Strand 7 yrs old.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Froggy View Post
    I saw this on FB and thought it was worth sharing.

From Mark Strand - Athena's Grandfather

"I can’t quiet my mind and I have to share this. A friend just asked me the other day if I believe God speaks to people? I happen to know He does, as He is speaking to me now. This flesh, this man that I am, is angry and I want 5 minutes alone in a cell with the psycho that took our Athena away from us, but there’s a soft gentle voice in the back of my head telling me I need to forgive him. This flesh man, wants that psycho to burn in hell for all eternity, yet that gentle voice continues to tell me, I need to forgive him. This flesh man hopes he remains blind and deaf to the message of salvation and never sets foot in the same heaven that I know in my heart my darling Athena resides in now and yet, that gentle voice persists. Why you ask? Because Hate is a powerful force that will take root in your soul. God wants to protect us all from that hate. Hate is the gateway for the Evil we see growing in the world today. If you stood that man before me right now, because of the hate that’s trying to root itself in my mind, I would probably kill him. Then that hate would root itself in my heart and I would be destroyed. That gentle voice is the Holy Spirit of God speaking to me right now. He’s reminding me that my savior Jesus, willingly laid Himself on a cross and died in my place to reconcile me to God the Father, but also that He did that for All of Us, even this man that my flesh so Hates at this very moment. I am a sinful man, yet I’ve heard this voice before and I miss hearing this voice. If I allow this hate to consume me, that voice will fade and eventually be silenced. Then that ugly spirit of hate will have succeeded and that’s why this gentle voice persists to tell me I need to forgive this man. It’s for my protection and my peace. It’s to set me free from this hate and allow me to continue to hear God’s gentle voice. There’s not one ounce of my flesh that wants to do this or say this, but my spirit has heard God’s voice and right now, while tears flood my eyes, I declare publicly that I forgive this man! Hate will not win. I hope my family will understand that I don’t do this for the sake of this man. I do this for the sake of my family and myself and to Honor the voice of God who is giving me the strength to say this. I do this to honor our precious Athena who knew no hate. This man won’t be allowed any real estate to live in my brain, he belongs to God and God’s justice will done. Love Conquers All and Forgives. Today, I choose Love and hate loses."
    This is the excellence of a man who hears and abides in the holy spirit. I'm honored to read his words.

Sent from my SM-N970U using Tapatalk

Comment

What’s sad is this may have been avoided if the proper steps were taken when he raped that other girl.a few years ago.. things like this , when signals were given off and were just discounted.. so sad for this young girl and her family’s.. rip little angel.

Comment

"I can’t quiet my mind and I have to share this. A friend just asked me the other day if I believe God speaks to people? I happen to know He does, as He is speaking to me now. This flesh, this man that I am, is angry and I want 5 minutes alone in a cell with the psycho that took our Athena away from us, but there’s a soft gentle voice in the back of my head telling me I need to forgive him. This flesh man, wants that psycho to burn in hell for all eternity, yet that gentle voice continues to tell me, I need to forgive him. This flesh man hopes he remains blind and deaf to the message of salvation and never sets foot in the same heaven that I know in my heart my darling Athena resides in now and yet, that gentle voice persists. Why you ask? Because Hate is a powerful force that will take root in your soul. God wants to protect us all from that hate. Hate is the gateway for the Evil we see growing in the world today. If you stood that man before me right now, because of the hate that’s trying to root itself in my mind, I would probably kill him. Then that hate would root itself in my heart and I would be destroyed. That gentle voice is the Holy Spirit of God speaking to me right now. He’s reminding me that my savior Jesus, willingly laid Himself on a cross and died in my place to reconcile me to God the Father, but also that He did that for All of Us, even this man that my flesh so Hates at this very moment. I am a sinful man, yet I’ve heard this voice before and I miss hearing this voice. If I allow this hate to consume me, that voice will fade and eventually be silenced. Then that ugly spirit of hate will have succeeded and that’s why this gentle voice persists to tell me I need to forgive this man. It’s for my protection and my peace. It’s to set me free from this hate and allow me to continue to hear God’s gentle voice. There’s not one ounce of my flesh that wants to do this or say this, but my spirit has heard God’s voice and right now, while tears flood my eyes, I declare publicly that I forgive this man! Hate will not win. I hope my family will understand that I don’t do this for the sake of this man. I do this for the sake of my family and myself and to Honor the voice of God who is giving me the strength to say this. I do this to honor our precious Athena who knew no hate. This man won’t be allowed any real estate to live in my brain, he belongs to God and God’s justice will done. Love Conquers All and Forgives. Today, I choose Love and hate loses."

That’s stronger than bridge cable. It’ll almost take your breath away.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

I appreciate his words and his faith but the only forgiveness I would hope for is mine because I kill him as painfully as possible and I’d sleep just fine.
          And going back to a conversation a week or two ago. God didn’t plan this little girls death at this man hands.

Comment

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

Comment

Father in Heaven please give us This strength through Christ our Lord Amen!

Comment

Originally posted by flywise View Post
                God didn’t plan this little girls death at this man hands.
                I can assure you, He did not.

Sent from my SM-N970U using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Dale Moser View Post
                  No problem. I was wrong in my initial speculation about folks involved. I drew some conclusions based on limited info, and past experience not necessarily relevant to this case. I will admit to letting this situation get to me more than normal due to its proximity to my home, to many I know in the area, and to other somewhat scenarios that have played out in the past. When the info began to come about yesterday afternoon as I got to deer camp, I got tunnel vision and really wanted to make some sense of all of it for myself, and the aforementioned folks closer to the situation than I. I’m not a fan of “gossip”, and it definitely turned from new info to gossip, without my noticing. All involved have my apologies for that. I’m a solutions and answers type of guy, and went to far in that pursuit.

I’m not going to address other points, as that would be far too scattered a conversation. But I do appreciate your opinion, as a long time, and respected member here at the green screen.

The situation, and the young lady have been heavy on my heart and mind all day. I accidentally cut 2 tanks of fuel, and a 12’ trailer load worth of firewood almost without thinking…still no answers.

My Man. I swear we will share a campfire someday!

Comment

Originally posted by flywise View Post
                    I appreciate his words and his faith but the only forgiveness I would hope for is mine because I kill him as painfully as possible and I’d sleep just fine.
                    And going back to a conversation a week or two ago. God didn’t plan this little girls death at this man hands.

It’s a tricky line to walk as a man in the current world. There was a time in this world when folks were immediately put in the ground for such things, by god fearing men, some of whom undoubtably made it to heaven. We’re they wrong? I read a few scriptures in this very thread that would seem to elude that they were wrong. Our justice system, such that it is, seems to remove such consequences for these un imaginable evils…which is why they happen so much more frequently these days. Vengeance belongs to the lord, I have heard many times…but a little more quick justice on earth in my opinion, would lessen the need for a lot of vengeance.

If god forbid something like that were to happen to my son, I’m not real sure I’d care what happened to me either. But I know that’s not the right way to go about it. The lord made us imperfect, we all have vices. I’ve sure got my own vices and demons to fight, and I want to understand that sin is sin….but boys and girls I’m having a hard time with how the thoughts I’ve had about what I’d like to do to Mr Horner, are in any way on par with what he has actually done.

I’m an eye for an eye simpleton, and I know that, but the lord made a bunch of us this way.

Comment

Originally posted by Drycreek3189 View Post
                      Too many people on this forum already had the stepmother hung and probably the father too. Think about that before you pop off next time something like this happens. Better to keep your mouth shut and be thought a fool than to open it and remove all doubt.
                      100percent correct

Comment

I think a lot of people have the same feeling Creasy did in Man on Fire when he said
                        “Forgiveness is between them and God. It's my job to arrange the meeting.” That would be my exact feeling if this happened to my daughter. That’s a pain I pray I never know.

Comment

Powerful words from the Grandfather.

Let him go to prison, they will take care of him and it not be pleasant!

Comment

Originally posted by KyleDean View Post
                            I think a lot of people have the same feeling Creasy did in Man on Fire when he said
                            “Forgiveness is between them and God. It's my job to arrange the meeting.” That would be my exact feeling if this happened to my daughter. That’s a pain I pray I never know.

Comment

Originally posted by Dale Moser View Post
                              I’m an eye for an eye simpleton, and I know that, but the lord made a bunch of us this way.

Couldn't agree more.

Unfortunately I've seen first hand what evil men have done. I've looked into thier eyes on many occasions. I know the man upstairs has a plan. I also think he's not angry at folks who carry out necessary justice

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

Comment

It’s horrible that people like him walk this earth.

Comment

Working...
                                X