Touchdown Celebrations

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Still Hunter View Post
    Used to enjoy watching Earl Campbell just hand the ball to the ref after every touchdown and calmly walk away. He spent a lot of time in that end zone. Just another day at the office. What he got paid to do.

There’s something to be said for acting like you’ve been there before. It’s called being a professional. It’s also still a game though.

Did you really “enjoy watching Earl Campbell just hand the ball to the ref?”

I mean did you jump up off the couch like Woooooo! Look at how he handed the ref the ball!

Come on man.

Celebrations are entertaining. Many are over the top and ridiculous. I enjoy watching them when they actually get a meaningful score not when they are down by 20 and score with 1:50 left in the game.

I loved watching Billy “white shoes” Johnson. Also loved Ernest Givens and his electric slide.

I don’t miss Ickey Woods and his “Ickey Shuffle.” That was horrible.

Comment

I like watching them celebrate! Heck I still watch the 91 Cotton bowl when it comes on. That still makes me laugh!

Comment

Originally posted by TexasCanesFan View Post
        I saw a little NFL in a sports bar the other day after watching ZERO since 2020 and actually told my family “how do people watch this crap”.

I just don’t get it. Nothing about it.

Can’t tolerate much college football either.
        Why go to a sports bar in the middle of football season if you don’t like football? And then complain about it?

Did you think that they were going to have figure skating on or something?

Comment

Frigging Butch Johnson started all this crap!
          Just like when Bob Wills added that infernal drum!

Comment

How many threads of people complaining about the NFL are we gonna get this year? Come on guys

Comment

Originally posted by ca1219 View Post
              Sports are entertainment.... its not that serious!!!
              seems the WHOLE WORLD has gotten WAY too serious, self included.

Comment

I believe the NFL relaxed the rules a couple of years ago in order to make the game more relatable to the younger generation. Go see what clips the kids (say 12-18) watch on IG or Twitter or whatever the mobile medium is today. It ain't the guy handing the ball off to the referee with indifference. I believe this is where the NFL and NBA are beating MLB. I believe the average age of today's MLB fan is over 40, as opposed to the other two which beat it by a mile. To us older guys it may seem ridiculous to celebrate like that, but to a 15 year-old future fan, it's greatness.

Comment

I'm old enough to remember when they started penalizing the celebrations and how angry everyone was about it. I believe it might have been Deion Sanders, or maybe it was T.O., who pushed the ball around in an imaginary baby cart, pulled it out and laid it on the ground and changed the football's imaginary diaper. I mean, how can you not LOVE that?!? That **** was freaking hilarious! 15 yard penalty on the kickoff.

Comment

Originally posted by eastover53 View Post
                    Why go to a sports bar in the middle of football season if you don’t like football? And then complain about it?

Did you think that they were going to have figure skating on or something?

Because they have 365 different beers available…..I don’t know if sports bar is the best description of the place but beer, bar food and TVs is more a sports bar to me than calling it just a restaurant and it’s not a bar. I absolutely love breweries and sports bars which generally have the sport of the day on their TVs.

I go to sports bars on a regular basis for beer variety and generally do not pay much attention to what is on the TV unless it is hockey, NASCAR or college sports.

Just happened to have a good view and was looking that way at the time.

Didn’t complain. Made an observation. Much like I feel like instant replay has ruined sports in general. I have watched more college football this year since the kid is an Aggie and instant replay kills the momentum of games. No matter the sport.

Luckily there is not much of that in NASCAR or hockey either. NASCAR is trying their best to drag some of the other “crap” into the sport though. They get criticized weekly for it also.

Comment

Originally posted by Smart View Post
                      I bet you Griddy when somebody shows up with a Whopper.[emoji23]

Im gonna need urban dictionary apparently. LOL [emoji23][emoji23][emoji23]

Comment

I quit watching fb 40 years ago when the NFL wouldn't let the players spike the ball. These celebrations now would cause most over the top T men to be triggered and start a fight.

Comment

wait till y'all here what the savannah bananas have done to baseball.

trigger warning.

Comment

I liked the Wac-A-Mole on Thanksgiving….

Comment

Seems like a lot of repressed feelings over men wearing tight pants and dancing going on in here.

Comment

You boys gonna get the drizzles if you don’t let this go.

Comment

Working...
                                X