LEO and GW seize horns

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

LEO and GW seize horns

Pretty interesting video about West Virginia and North Carolina GW`s and LEO`s seizing a man's antlers. I`ll let you make your own conclusion. Never trust the man.

[ame="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nRqi-PtBDOQ"]Officers Lose Their Trophies | They Chose Poorly... - YouTube[/ame]

Just a guess here but it looks like he got them back! From what I saw on the provided video was vertually no background on what actually happened other than jealousy and government over reach but nothing to prove that at least in this video. I would like to see more on this.

Comment

Not surprising at all. Watch a bunch of those game warden shows and watch how far and often those game wardens go over the line, to conclude someone is guilty of breaking a law, that they have zero proof off. Watch North Woods Law, there are a bunch of episodes where they charge guys which all types of charges, with zero evidence. They decide the person is guilty and they charge them, then make up the evidence. Then make the guy look like a total piece of trash. Now I don't agree with what is legal up there and how they hunt in those areas where North Woods Law is filmed, but by their laws it's legal to drive down the road, see a deer, moose, ECT, get out of your vehicle, walk something like 20 ft. off the road and shoot game off of someone else's land. To me that all seems very illegal, but it's legal up there. Bottom line it's a setup. They allow people to do so, then when the game wardens find out someone has done just that, they come along conclude the person was standing in the road or too close to the road and killed whatever game animal. Then they charge them, and make them out to be a total POS on national TV.

One of the episodes where I am sure they wrongfully convicted a guy, is one where a guy shot a turkey, during turkey season. The guy was driving along, saw a turkey got out and I am sure got far enough off of the road, then shot the turkey. The reason I am sure he was far enough, is they found the wad 55 yards from the road. The guy was shooting a 12 ga. with 3" shells. I know from many years of experience, that a 12 ga. with 2 3/4" shells, won't shoot a wad more than about 30 yards, when shooting at something on the ground. But then take a 3" shell, with a deeper wad, which is going to open larger, making a larger parachute essentially, so it's going to slow down quicker and drop quicker. But in that episode, the game warden called an older game warden for the show, and asked him how far a shotgun wad would travel, when fired. Not a 12 ga. 3" wad, fired horizontally, but just in general. I could see a wad possibly traveling 55 yards, when fired up in the air at a 45 to 75 degree angle, but not when fired horizontal and a turkey standing in tall grass. Since the older more experienced game warden, told the younger game warden all shotgun wads travel 55 yards when fired, he was able to determine the guy shot the turkey from the road. So at that moment they knew he was guilty. So he got the usual 1 year of loss of hunting privileges, big fine, lost his shotgun, ECT. I think the younger officer called the older officer and told him they found the wad 55 yards from the road, they the older one told him, that's the exact distance that all wads travel. That's what they found in their testing years ago. I forgot the rest of the story, but there was other evidence, that supported the idea, the guy was well over 15' from the road. I noticed watching those shows, that some of those states use one distance, the the neighboring state will use a distance 5' farther from the road. But they are all 10' to 20' from the road.

The fines guys were getting hit with in those north eastern states, is nothing compared to what mid western and rocky mountain states are hitting guys with. Then the loss of hunting privileges, as they call them, then their guns being taken away. Then the usual game warden gets to look like a hero in the national spotlight while the hunter is made to look like a complete POS criminal.

Then I have read stories about other guys who have dealt with game wardens in other states, where the game wardens made someone who is likely no guilty of any wrong doing, look very guilty, and plaster it all over national news and the internet. The game wardens get their faces in the spot light, and the county or state will get rewarded with some big chunk of money from the charges, if they can make them stick. This situation is getting to be the biggest danger hunters face when they go hunting. Is to be made to look like criminals, loose their hunting rights, then loose their guns used on the hunt, and then the big motivator for the state, are the huge fines.

I would rather deal with a charging grizzly, than a Wyoming game warden after killing and elk or muley, with him knowing I am from Texas. Texas hunters have the biggest bullseyes on them, when hunting out of state.

Comment

Originally posted by RifleBowPistol View Post
        Not surprising at all. Watch a bunch of those game warden shows and watch how far and often those game wardens go over the line, to conclude someone is guilty of breaking a law, that they have zero proof off. Watch North Woods Law, there are a bunch of episodes where they charge guys which all types of charges, with zero evidence. They decide the person is guilty and they charge them, then make up the evidence. Then make the guy look like a total piece of trash. Now I don't agree with what is legal up there and how they hunt in those areas where North Woods Law is filmed, but by their laws it's legal to drive down the road, see a deer, moose, ECT, get out of your vehicle, walk something like 20 ft. off the road and shoot game off of someone else's land. To me that all seems very illegal, but it's legal up there. Bottom line it's a setup. They allow people to do so, then when the game wardens find out someone has done just that, they come along conclude the person was standing in the road or too close to the road and killed whatever game animal. Then they charge them, and make them out to be a total POS on national TV.

One of the episodes where I am sure they wrongfully convicted a guy, is one where a guy shot a turkey, during turkey season. The guy was driving along, saw a turkey got out and I am sure got far enough off of the road, then shot the turkey. The reason I am sure he was far enough, is they found the wad 55 yards from the road. The guy was shooting a 12 ga. with 3" shells. I know from many years of experience, that a 12 ga. with 2 3/4" shells, won't shoot a wad more than about 30 yards, when shooting at something on the ground. But then take a 3" shell, with a deeper wad, which is going to open larger, making a larger parachute essentially, so it's going to slow down quicker and drop quicker. But in that episode, the game warden called an older game warden for the show, and asked him how far a shotgun wad would travel, when fired. Not a 12 ga. 3" wad, fired horizontally, but just in general. I could see a wad possibly traveling 55 yards, when fired up in the air at a 45 to 75 degree angle, but not when fired horizontal and a turkey standing in tall grass. Since the older more experienced game warden, told the younger game warden all shotgun wads travel 55 yards when fired, he was able to determine the guy shot the turkey from the road. So at that moment they knew he was guilty. So he got the usual 1 year of loss of hunting privileges, big fine, lost his shotgun, ECT. I think the younger officer called the older officer and told him they found the wad 55 yards from the road, they the older one told him, that's the exact distance that all wads travel. That's what they found in their testing years ago. I forgot the rest of the story, but there was other evidence, that supported the idea, the guy was well over 15' from the road. I noticed watching those shows, that some of those states use one distance, the the neighboring state will use a distance 5' farther from the road. But they are all 10' to 20' from the road.

The fines guys were getting hit with in those north eastern states, is nothing compared to what mid western and rocky mountain states are hitting guys with. Then the loss of hunting privileges, as they call them, then their guns being taken away. Then the usual game warden gets to look like a hero in the national spotlight while the hunter is made to look like a complete POS criminal.

Then I have read stories about other guys who have dealt with game wardens in other states, where the game wardens made someone who is likely no guilty of any wrong doing, look very guilty, and plaster it all over national news and the internet. The game wardens get their faces in the spot light, and the county or state will get rewarded with some big chunk of money from the charges, if they can make them stick. This situation is getting to be the biggest danger hunters face when they go hunting. Is to be made to look like criminals, loose their hunting rights, then loose their guns used on the hunt, and then the big motivator for the state, are the huge fines.

I would rather deal with a charging grizzly, than a Wyoming game warden after killing and elk or muley, with him knowing I am from Texas. Texas hunters have the biggest bullseyes on them, when hunting out of state.
        Dang

Comment

Pretty messed up if you ask me. If everything is true, and no reason to believe it isn't, I hope both DNRs have to get their check books out and it puts a real dent in their budget.

On another note, don't ever talk with the police without your lawyer present. Especially when you're innocent

[ame="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d-7o9xYp7eE&t=5s"]Don't Talk to the Police - YouTube[/ame]

Comment

Originally posted by hopedale View Post
            Pretty messed up if you ask me. If everything is true, and no reason to believe it isn't, I hope both DNRs have to get their check books out and it puts a real dent in their budget.

On another note, don't ever talk with the police without your lawyer present. Especially when you're innocent

Don't Talk to the Police - YouTube

I tell my dad that all the time. He loves to go up to game wardens and talk about deer he has taken. He did that in New Mexico on a
            Deer hunt and the warden actually followed us back to camp to check his deer. He actually found a small infraction on how we tagged him but allowed us to correct it. In all the warden was in camp for about 30 min. I was so upset. It just puts you under a spotlight you just don’t need to be under. There are so many game laws that can be twisted that I believe if a warden wants to write a ticket he can at any time.
            Last edited by sharkhunter; 11-25-2022, 10:59 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by sharkhunter View Post
              I tell my dad that all the time. He loves to go up to game wardens and talk about deer he has taken. He did that in New Mexico on a
              Deer hunt and the warden actually followed us back to camp to check his deer. He actually found a small infraction on how we tagged him but allowed us to correct it. In all the warden was in camp for about 30 min. I was so upset. It just puts you under a spotlight you just don’t need to be under. There are so many game laws that can be twisted that I believe if a warden wants to write a ticket he can at any time.
              There your friend [emoji1787][emoji1787]

Sent from my SM-N986U using Tapatalk

Comment

So many GWs have gotten away with poor interpretations of the laws because people don't challenge them. The have intimidated people enough that they then go out and tell those lies to other hunters to further the fear.

I say this over and over. Keep your mouth shut and go before a judge to settle issues. GWs know the majority of cases come from people spilling the beans on themselves. They have perfected making personal connections to get as much info as possible.

Sent from my SM-N986U using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by sharkhunter View Post
                  I agree with you. I had my 1st encounter with a GW last year. I was at the gate of our lease with a person I had been hunting with. It was uneventful and pleasant, but afterwards I remember thinking I was way to chatty. Next time it will be nothing but handing them a license and a thank you. Be polite and not offer any information about squat. Remember, you have the right to remain silent....Use it.

Comment

Don't invite the man into your life. You are no obligation to tell them anything, show where you shot said game, etc.

Comment

Originally posted by hopedale View Post

Don't Talk to the Police - YouTube
                      "or guilty" LOL

Comment

I’d be going after them with everything I had

Comment

I’ve been checked by plenty of wardens. Had one unpleasant encounter many years ago and even the other Wardens I told about it were not surprised and glad when the ahole retired. I usually offer a drink and have shared what is on the pit. But if one asked or did something gray matter I would end the contact right then. Game Wardens are and have the exact same powers that every other law enforcement officer has. Nothing more/ nothing less.

Comment

90% Of wardens are good guys. I have had one asshat of a rookie warden in East Texas that bowed up to me as I was having a conversation with a fellow hunter in camp while he was writing another Hunter a ticket for an infraction he shouldn’t have written. We got into it and I basically told him he was wrong and we will see him in court. Long story short, the hunters that went to court said his FTO was chewing his ars out when they showed up to court and they dropped the case. He walked away like a dog with his tail tucked under. Only bad experience ever.

Comment

Originally posted by glen View Post
                              I’ve been checked by plenty of wardens. Had one unpleasant encounter many years ago and even the other Wardens I told about it were not surprised and glad when the ahole retired. I usually offer a drink and have shared what is on the pit. But if one asked or did something gray matter I would end the contact right then. Game Wardens are and have the exact same powers that every other law enforcement officer has. Nothing more/ nothing less.
                              Actually they do have more. They are a state police officer.

Comment

Working...
                              X