• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How’s it going today?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by LivinADream View Post
      Things may pickup I saw a shooter walking back to the truck, then another on the road headed in. Both without does. This could be what we've been waiting for. The mature deer to start cruising. Just my theory, but it seems up here the big bucks don't have to go far for the first round of does, but once you get passed that week of lockdown the big boys have to start hunting. I'm hoping that's what's about to happen.

Sent from my SM-F721U using Tapatalk
      So true. They get off that initial lock down and they will travel looming for the next hot doe

Sent from my SM-G991U using Tapatalk

Comment

Patience.... Good Luck.

Comment

Give us some Updates.... We are Very Inpatient

Comment

I need updates/reports!
            Headn back up there Thursday!

Good luck!

Comment

Not a whole lot to update. It's been a fun hunt but it's been a bit different this year. Only been a couple "no brainers" seen. No big bucks cruising. No mature does. Like a 2 week lockdown instead of 4-5 days like we normally see. Still seeing a lot of deer, just fawns-3 year Olds. Doe fawns and occasional yearling doe. I killed a yearling doe this morning and forgot to take a pic. Scott shot a scrub 8 yesterday and keith shot a scrub 8 this morning. Tomorrow is the last day, I'd like to get it done today though so we can get home without being in a huge rush Wednesday. Overall I'm having a blast with my phone in my pocket just taking it all in. Keeping it live is a lot of work, and it's been nice to just sit and watch without reaching for my phone.

Comment

Pulling for you. I know all too well that you know about the last day Magic. You and I have both experienced that..
                Get'em

Comment

Awe.... your just holding out for a bigger one than last year.

Comment

Good luck amigo!!!

I’ve had more last day success than first.
                    We all know it can happen at any second!

Comment

Looking for last hour magic.

Comment

Any Updates????

Comment

Alright fellas, I'm headed south, back in Texas without a buck. No one's fault but my own. Things busted wide open late morning yesterday, what we've been looking for all week. I backstrapped a mature 7 pt. He was probably a 120's maybe 130's deer, but it was the last day. Not sure what happened at the shot, everything felt good, but hit way way high, nothing inside ribs. I watched him make a scrape after I shot him. Win some lose some. I got down and looked for him anyway, 2 drops of muscle blood was all I could find.

I moved to a new spot about 1 and it hit the fan in there. From about 2 until dark I had big ones on me. Had a high 140s 8 sneak in on me, he didn't want anything to do with a grunt or snort wheeze. Never boogered up, but just wouldn't get inside 80ish yards. Shortly after he left a GIANT 10 with about an 8" hook off his left base chased a doe in on me and she immediately bedded at 58 yards. He stood over her for hours at 60 yards. (1st and 2nd Pic) then from the opposite direction a mid 150s 8 came to check a few doe I had under me. When he got 54 yards out the 10 got his doe up and pushed her to the west with a hell of a commotion. This sent the big 8 west of me as well. They jacked around behind me until dark and I never got a shot at any of them. I'm pretty sure the 8 was this deer (3rd and 4th pic) only 4 years older. Should make him 7 or 8. He's got the same shape, just much bigger. Longer tines, main beams, and a lot more mass. I didn't get any pics yesterday, I couldn't put my bow down. And that is what keeps me coming back to kansas.

Comment

Man I just knew you were going to pull that Last Minute Magic. Sorry to hear about the 7, but yes, it happens.
                            Thanks for taking us along with you on this year's hunt

Comment

What a great hunt. Exciting stuff for sure. I need some of that in my life!

Comment

Originally posted by Bowanta View Post
                                Man I just knew you were going to pull that Last Minute Magic. Sorry to hear about the 7, but yes, it happens.
                                Thanks for taking us along with you on this year's hunt
                                It sucks, but not near as bad knowing he's not hurt too bad.

Comment

Working...
                                X