No announcement yet.

Bowhunting giants live in Kansas

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

sounds like does have kicked off fawns for a little date night with the boys

Comment

Following. Good luck!

Comment

Looks like a much more interesting and rewarding hunt than sitting over a feeder here in Texas. You are truly "hunting" not "harvesting" Good luck!!

Comment

I've got a couple problems.
          1. My feet and hands can't take this cold
          2. I need a recipe for snot, something I can sprinkle in my mustache to make it taste better as it hits my lips. My nose is running faster than I can lick it. [emoji2961]

I got down about 10 to warm up. Snuck back in about an hr ago. To get to this stand I have to cross a little trap with about 20 head of calves in it. Today they followed me to the fence about 20 yards from my stand. They're noisy, but not a foreign noise. I bumped a yearling as soon as I crossed the fence and she ran about 30 yards into the timber. By the time I got settled in she was right in front of me staring the cows down. She never knew I was here, thought it was the cows the whole time.

Sent from my SM-F721U using Tapatalk

Comment

Only thing I can offer is for Cold Toes. It's a hassel, but change socks before you get on the stand. Walking in your feet will sweat and that's what makes them cold.
            Artic Shield makes a Great Over Boot that works as well

Sent from my SM-G991U using Tapatalk

Comment

Well I was pinned down. All evening, no shooters but a lot of deer. 1 little junky 8pt bedded down 15 yards from me for a couple of hours. Another spike came in late following a doe and yearling.

Comment

It only takes one, hang in there !

Comment

Good luck! At least you got a lot of action so far. I got skunked on all fronts in Kansas. I am looking for private land to hunt for next year. Hope you get a big one today

Comment

Man what action I dream of hunting there one day.

Comment

Sounds like a goodtime

Comment

Well this live hunt hasn't been very live. It's too cold to take my hands out of my pockets to type on my phone. I'm still in the same spot, wind switches tomorrow and I can go see some new ground. Pretty good hunt this morning, saw a 150ish 10 across the field behind me, hit the horns together and got his attention. He crossed the field to me but about 100 yards south of me, couple minutes later here he comes. I get ready, heart all wound up, about to draw, that ain't him.he swapped places with a 130ish 10 somehow and I never saw him again. Did hear a pretty good fight south of me this morning as well. He's blind in his left eye and left side of face is all swole up.

Interesting little story, I killed my first bow buck on my first kansas bow hunt from this tree. Not much for horns, but a huge deer. Anyhow, I set this stand that day, and screwed a bowhanger and double hook in the tree. This pic is them now. The tree has broke the ratchet strap that holds the stand, it's just here because the tree grew around it, no straps.

Comment

My regulars are back. Brother and sister I assume. They'll have a bite of corn and a nap. I like them here. I can be lazy and not watch as close. They'll tell me when something is coming.

Comment

Keep grinding…good luck!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Things may pickup I saw a shooter walking back to the truck, then another on the road headed in. Both without does. This could be what we've been waiting for. The mature deer to start cruising. Just my theory, but it seems up here the big bucks don't have to go far for the first round of does, but once you get passed that week of lockdown the big boys have to start hunting. I'm hoping that's what's about to happen.

Comment

Come On Chase. We are all following along and waiting to see some LDPs

Sent from my SM-G991U using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                                X