Announcement

Collapse

TBH Maintenance

Ongoing TBH Website maintenance this evening. Your TBH visit may not be optimal during this service window.
See more
See less

Dallas airshow crash

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Interesting video but I highly doubt it was a drone. My likely a bird.
    That said, neither a drone or a bird would take down that plane unless it went through the window/canopy and hit the pilot and took him out first.

Comment

Originally posted by jerp View Post
      Wow. If there in fact was a drone that caused the crash you would think people would have seen it - maybe they did. As stupid as it would be, I wouldn't put it past some idiot trying to get some "awesome drone footage". If that is what happened it will come out eventually an d someone will pay dearly.
      It’s really hard to spot a drone high. Even when you know it’s there.

Comment

Originally posted by Kevin View Post
        It’s really hard to spot a drone high. Even when you know it’s there.
        True. I have Mississippi Kite hawks flying 500 feet above my back yard and they are near impossible to pick out again if I ever take my eyes off them for an instant. One of those little camera drones would be about that same size and depending on color would disappear against a blue sky or some clouds in the background.

Comment

Originally posted by muzzlebrake View Post
          Just awful. RIP
          Looks like blind spot hits on both accounts Bomber's left rear and Cobras lower right. Where was air traffic control?
          This is what I was thinking.

Comment

Originally posted by Bassdeer View Post
            This is what I was thinking.
            wouldn't they have been on VFR?

Comment

Originally posted by stickerpatch59 View Post
              wouldn't they have been on VFR?
              The flight was VFR, not on VFR

Comment

Originally posted by flywise View Post
                The flight was VFR
                so why is everyone blaming ATC?

Comment

if you have that many aircraft flying in that close proximity to each other, how is ATC of any value to the participants in the airshow?

Comment

VFR means the weather is good enough that non instrument rated pilots can fly. Ain't got nuttin to do with traffic. Traffic is ATCs job. The guy in the fighter was in a hard left bank in an airplane notorious for poor vision. He just couldn't see to his right

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk
                    Last edited by Duckologist; 11-30-2022, 08:09 PM.

Comment

Ignorance
                      Atc had nothing to do with coordinating that flight. Like mentioned already there would have been an air boss ( event atc for lack of a better term)
                      Regardless of ATC OR AIR BOSS I think it will be determined that the fighter didn’t fly his assigned path for one reason or another.

Comment

Originally posted by Duckologist View Post
                        VFR means the weather is good enough that non instrument rated pilots can fly. Ain't got nuttin to do with traffic. Traffic is ATCs job

i understand that; but when you are operating within hundreds of feet of other aircraft, what use is it? ATC can't tell you "hey your're fixing to run into a B-17!!
                        by that time it's already happened.

Comment

Again, my stepdad knew & worked with the 63 pilot when he was with the Tora group...said he was one of the most safety oriented & preached adamantly before the routines to constantly note altimeter. He talked to others connected to the show & stated the 17 was to average 300ft & the fighters @ 500ft.

All these old birds have updated / modern instruments...not sure if we'll ever know & suspect final results will be chalked up to pilot error. It's a small tight community as you can imagine & internal talk has them agreeing on either instrument or some sort of health issue.

The bird / drone story is something new I ran across...doubt there will be 100% closure on cause.

Comment

Comment

There was speculation that the object seen in the picture was part of the propeller coming apart/ flying off, altering the flight path of that pilot. I have no idea, sadly might never know. RIP

Comment

Originally posted by Leaverrite View Post
                                There was speculation that the object seen in the picture was part of the propeller coming apart/ flying off, altering the flight path of that pilot. I have no idea, sadly might never know. RIP
                                certainly possible

Comment

Working...
                                X