No announcement yet.

Flight to Africa

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Check out the "hopper" app. It will show the best priced flights and let you know when is the best time to book. It's a crazy long flight and try to get into your destination earlier in the day. We landed in JoBurg in the evening which made for a really long night by the time we cleared the airport and drove to the resort. I will find flight that land in the morning or early afternoon next trip!

Comment

Originally posted by STGS View Post
      My only recommendation is not to try and get too creative. International layovers coupled with limited flight schedules and full flights can be problematic. Lunch in Paris is nice, but not at the expense of missing 2 days of hunting due to long security lines and crappy cab driver.

Focus on the least number of opportunities for something to go wrong in Africa.

There is a saying used over there..... "This is Africa". You get to throw out all logic and reason while having someone making $15/day determining your fate. Keep it simple.

This is based on my 9-10 safaris to most of the relevant African countries (SA, Zim, Moz, Botswana...).

This, here. We had a 8 hour lay over in Amsterdam once. Took a cab to a nice restaurant that took about 20 minutes to get to. Ate and walked a bit for about another hour and a half. Caught a cab back to Schiphol that took almost two hours and 200 euro more. Driver was inclined to take the scenic route and make more money. Traffic he claimed on the shorter route. Didn’t want to cause a scene once we arrived back at the airport surrounded by cops and risk missing the flight so we split the arse rape.

Comment

Google.com/flights

That is one of the best resources for finding pricing/trends/best days to book/etc...

Comment

We booked Delta Premier class, not as expensive as business but with better seats, menu and drinks etc...We hit a huge discount day and got them for $3500/person round trip from San Angelo to South Africa.

Comment

Originally posted by Muddy Bud View Post
            This, here. We had a 8 hour lay over in Amsterdam once. Took a cab to a nice restaurant that took about 20 minutes to get to. Ate and walked a bit for about another hour and a half. Caught a cab back to Schiphol that took almost two hours and 200 euro more. Driver was inclined to take the scenic route and make more money. Traffic he claimed on the shorter route. Didn’t want to cause a scene once we arrived back at the airport surrounded by cops and risk missing the flight so we split the arse rape.
            That sucks. I didn't think about that.

Comment

We fly Emirates through Dubai. May be a bit out of the way, but it’s a great airline and we have had no issues. Generally spend a night or two in Dubai also which is fun.

Comment

I just booked mine today for next August.

Bisch

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Well, I was hoping for some Black Friday deals from Delta but, no dice. What are the chances they'll have something for cyber Monday?

Comment

Just saw an article that says the best day of the year will be this coming Tuesday Nov 29th. Says to use travel app HOPPER. Says it is cheapest day compared to Black Friday or Cyber Monday.

Comment

Idk about deals, but my flights this time were cheaper than they were in 2015 when I went with the same airlines to the same concession over there.

Bisch

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Originally posted by kerrbow View Post
                        Just saw an article that says the best day of the year will be this coming Tuesday Nov 29th. Says to use travel app HOPPER. Says it is cheapest day compared to Black Friday or Cyber Monday.
                        Does Hopper actually sell the tickets or just find the deals? I've had a bad experience buying from a 3rd party.

Comment

It was a Fox News article and says they also give a discount as well. I would look at the app and check its reviews and then decide.

Comment

If you're looking to save money on your flights, it's generally best to book at least 3-4 months in advance. Tuesdays, Wednesdays, and Saturdays tend to be the cheapest days to fly. As far as airlines go, it's worth considering business class flights with a reputable carrier that has a strong safety record and good customer service. These flights often come with added perks like extra legroom, in-flight entertainment, and gourmet meals, making the long journey more comfortable.
                            Last edited by nemclean; 01-19-2023, 11:26 AM.

Comment

we also did Delta out of ATL

Comment

Gourmet meals and airline flights are not synonymous. LOL

Comment

Working...
                                X