Keep after them gents.

Comment

Originally posted by Heath View Post
              Of course it was Baur.

Keep after them gents.

Every time…437lbs and 11teen years old.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

How did they pry you out of that stand knowing g he was there?

Is the deer down? Can't wait for pics. He's a hammer.

Comment

Exciting!

Comment

Originally posted by GarGuy View Post
                    How did they pry you out of that stand knowing g he was there?

Is the deer down? Can't wait for pics. He's a hammer.

We draw cards at the beginning of the week for stand selection order and then just move up the line with first pick moving to the back of the line after every hunt. This morning I had first pick, so I was in last spot after lunch and Baur had first pick. He didn’t want to take the spot, but I convinced him that somebody needed to get right back on stand there. We ate a quick sandwich and bowl of soup and I had him back in stand at 1:00 after I left the stand at 11:15.

Just talked to Baur and the Big Boy came in a few minutes before the one he shot did. He had him at 12 yds behind the tree but couldn’t get a shot on him. The doe he was trailing got his wind and knew something wasn’t right but didn’t spook. Big Boy went back toward river and his doe headed to the east.

The big buck that Jack saw came back in a couple minutes later and Baur smoked him. Baur had moved to a stand on the other side of the plot due to a shift in wind direction from this morning and after I watched the big buck follow his doe right through the 3 primary shooting lanes on the front side of that tree stand he’s in now.

Baur said the buck he shot ran into the quad pod I was sitting in this morning and fell over dead!

Comment

Definitely the buck Jack saw first night

Comment

Congratulations on a mighty fine buck!!

Comment

Thanjs fir the stand change explanation. Exciting hunt! Someone else better get in there.

Comment

Outstanding job guys!!!

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Comment

Just getting caught up. This thread delivers every year.

Congrats to Baur on the hammer! Hopefully you boys can get a shot at the other one.

Comment

Congrats on a great buck !

Comment

Working...
                                X