Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Scottish Venison Pie

Originally posted by Texas Grown View Post
    You need to make a thread on this in the recipe forum! I'd love to be able to come back to it for reference. Those meat pies look awesome!
    The magic that occurred overnight in the fridge cannot be overstated as is with many dishes.

Ill post a link and pics.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by Ætheling; 10-31-2022, 05:50 PM.

Comment

She tried making butteries but they needed way more salt then the recipe stated so didnt turn out that good. Her shortbread, toffee, sausage rolls, mince and tatties ( Guys at the lease now call potatoes, tatties ) are awesome.

I will gladly be your tester for butteries when you make them

Good luck as their are only a few good butteries out there.

Comment

Oh man, this brings back fond memories of Bridge o' Don and meat pies!! Love 'em, all kinds (well except the ones that used lamb)! Those little single serving pies would be a great premade dish for deer camp!!

That big pie just looks heavenly! and even better after cut open!!

Comment

Saltwaterslick - Plenty of good memories went to BOD academy 1982 / 1986 !!!!!!

Comment

Wow that looks amazing!

Comment

Originally posted by SaltwaterSlick View Post
              Oh man, this brings back fond memories of Bridge o' Don and meat pies!! Love 'em, all kinds (well except the ones that used lamb)! Those little single serving pies would be a great premade dish for deer camp!!

That big pie just looks heavenly! and even better after cut open!!
              I had one of the little ones in the blind Sat morning for breakfast with a big thermos of coffee. Figured Id at least have a nice experience in the cold woods if nothing else. Haven’t seen a legal deer doe or buck in the stand all season and figured this weekend would be the same. Well not minutes after I finish my pie in comes a shooter and now more pies to come.

Comment

Originally posted by Scotsman 1 View Post
                She tried making butteries but they needed way more salt then the recipe stated so didnt turn out that good. Her shortbread, toffee, sausage rolls, mince and tatties ( Guys at the lease now call potatoes, tatties ) are awesome.

I will gladly be your tester for butteries when you make them

Good luck as their are only a few good butteries out there.
                My English Grandmother’s shortbread recipe is on point. My mom makes a sticky toffee pudding every Christmas and every new “Yank” that tries it demands seconds and will ask for it again every year they may be around. No butterie makers in the family unfortunately. Ill let you know how my attempt turns out. Ill increase the butter, lard, and salt content on whatever recipe I end up going with to be safe.
                Last edited by Ætheling; 11-13-2022, 05:14 PM.

Comment

Working...
                X