No announcement yet.

Game wardens may need warrant now

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Game wardens can basically do nothing in Tennessee I recently learned. Need a warrant to do anything.

Comment

Originally posted by wellingtontx View Post
      GW in Llano County several years ago had no issue climbing over a pad-locked gate and then making lease partners wake me up and get out of bed, late into the night, to check my hunting license. BS

GW in Collingsworth County, also had no problem climbing over a pad-locked gate, walking to camp in the dark while we were all sitting around campfire.

Only two encounters with the GW in recent years.

Locked gates mean nothing. Nothing to hide from GW; however, the Constitution should mean something.

LE still has rules they should be required to follow - espcially if they want to spy on me on my property or trespass on my property.

I would have addressed the GW in my birthday suite given those circumstances, might not have made the news but when they reviewed the bodycam footage they’d definitely had something to measure up the next occurrence to.....👀😳

Comment

Originally posted by bowhuntingw View Post
        It seems the younger generations of people have the biggest problem with gws. I assume that’s due to this new millennial world they coming up in.
        So you're good with a surveillance state like China to watch you all the time to be sure you behave?

Comment

Originally posted by BlackHogDown View Post
          Unsure if you intended to come off as a jerk... Who said anything about bribing? Interesting how that's your first thought. Guilty conscience?

New to the area and was driving around introducing himself. "Nice top meet you. Pull up a seat. Can i get you a water?" Naive of me i guess.

Was out of season (mid summer) and we were sitting on the porch when he drove up the driveway. Have never had any reason to hide anything or not be cordial. In fact, I welcome their presence due to all the poaching activity in the area. I opened the "garage fridge" for bottle of water and he asked if i minded if he took a look. Sat there with a "no he didn't" look on my face as he counted freezer burned, dated packs of birds from previous season. He asked and I obliged. Again, no reason not to.

I allowed him. Nothing to hide and we were not cited for any wrongdoing. Because there was none. I've never used the word flabbergasted... Naive of me, i guess. Felt my courtesy was taken advantage of.

All that said, renovating a house on the property and thinking of renting to DPS in the area.
          it actually wasn't my intention, tbh, that's how i thought you came off. "I offered him a bottle of water and he had the nerve to do his job and check my freezer at the hunting camp. that's the last time i'm nice to him." was how your post sounded to me, and still does, as you've made another post about him having ruined his relationship with you.
          Last edited by bullets13; 10-17-2022, 01:51 PM.

Comment

Lol i DID offer him a beer. Was mid summer and we were resting during heat of the day, having a few silver bullets. Will continue to respect LE in the area but wont go out of my way to be friendly. All it takes to blow a relationship with law-abiding landowner.
            Its to my understanding, seldom are vampires there by accident, you never give one permission to enter.

Comment

I've never had a problem with the game wardens where I have hunted. I have had them ask to put camera sup on our property to catch poachers gaining access to other properties and we let them.
              Now if they woke me up in the middle of the night to check a hunting license I may be a smart A&& to them because i was sleeping not hunting. It would be the same thing to ask everyone on the beach for a fishing license

Comment

Originally posted by bullets13 View Post
                "I offered him a bottle of water and he had the nerve to do his job and check my freezer at the hunting camp. that's the last time i'm nice to him." was how your post sounded to me, and still does.
                This isn't hunting camp. Second home. Sometimes go multiple seasons without killing a deer. During mid summer when no hunting going on for months before or after. All the weekend warriors gone for months. Dove all migrated away for months. As someone said more eloquently than i could... "Take advantage of my courtesy to try his darndest to hang me on something." Some birds were multiple years old (bagged and dated). Won't affect the respect i have for GW/LE in general because I've only had positive experience otherwise. Just felt taken advantage of. That's was my only point.

Imagine inviting a GW friend over for bbq at your house to find him raiding your fridge when he excused himself to the bathroom.
                Last edited by BlackHogDown; 10-17-2022, 01:53 PM.

Comment

This isn't hunting camp. Second home. Sometimes go multiple seasons without killing a deer. During mid summer when no hunting going on for months before or after. All the weekend warriors gone for months. Dove all migrated away for months. As someone said more eloquently than i could... "Take advantage of my courtesy to try his darndest to hang me on something." Some birds were multiple years old (bagged and dated). Won't affect the respect i have for GW/LE in general because I've only had positive experience otherwise. Just felt taken advantage of. That's was my only point.

Imagine inviting a GW friend over for bbq at your house to find him raiding your fridge when he excused himself to the bathroom.
                  ok.

Comment

Originally posted by bloodtrailer28 View Post
                    Texas natural resources seem to be doing just fine despite most of it being privately owned. Haven't seen to many judging either just stating that they should have to have a search warrant to enter private property. Just like any other Leo.

Lol at the comment about the younger crowd. I would lay down some good money that there was much more poaching done by the older generation than there is these days.
                    Yeah you’re probably right because most of the new generation don’t even hunt anymore. They’re too busy screwing around on a phone. Anyways, it easy to get off topic when it comes to gw threads on here.

Comment

Originally posted by Mitchell8 View Post
                      Read the last 2 sentences of the story first. He’s a poacher.
                      Just because he broke the law doesn't make it okay for the feds also.

Comment

The challenge is most of us respect and appreciate their work and we want the GW to help us in a bind or to protect our resources from the scum that blends into out community. Things get fuzzy when a otherwise law following hunter/fisher gets taken for a fishing mission and slapped with a nit-picky fine (we have all heard the stories and I’m not talking about being stupid and forgetting to correctly fill out a deer tag (that one is on you!)) it’s these occurrences that all of a sudden makes the otherwise law abiding Citizen suspect of the GW and their intentions. So it’s difficult. I’ve never been fined but I have been taken along on a fishing Mission or two that certainly changed my attitude.

I’ve said it before and I said it again… (and I am sure it already works this way in some less populated counties) … Texas Parks and wildlife should attempt to identify those people who are interested in supporting the game warden‘s efforts and protecting the resources so that when they were confronted in the field they would know they’re dealing with somebody who was more than likely not a pos.

Comment

Originally posted by Lynn21 View Post
                          You guys that don’t want a game warden on your property must be a bunch of sorry law breakers. What are y’all hiding? We’ve had numerous wardens killed across this country for ridiculous reasons. They put their lives on the line every time they walk into a deer camp. Enough said.
                          So because LEO’s are killed in the line of duty, I should let them use and access my property as they see fit. If I don’t, I’m a sorry law breaker.

That’s some interesting logic there.

Comment

Originally posted by Take Dead Aim View Post
                            Just because he broke the law doesn't make it okay for the feds also.
                            People are naturally inclined to believe “guilty until proven innocent”. It’s mob mentality. It’s the reason our system is supposed to lean in favor of the defendant. Otherwise, you’d have a lot more innocent people locked up than there already are/have been.

It’s also the reason people seem to be okay with unconstitutional enforcement. Because they assume guilt. Unfortunately you can’t break human nature. Well, unless you are a church member. Then you get 278 bonus points towards proving innocence.
                            Last edited by Clay C; 10-17-2022, 02:21 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Quackerbox View Post
                              yall know they need a warrant to come in your house already. Right?
                              This. Game wardens have never been exempt from the 4th Amendment. It's a "rural legend" that has been perpetuated for decades.

I know some people who successfully defended themselves against GW's lifting gates off the hinges and just coming right on in.

I never understood why people just blindly comply to this BS until the mask mandates. Now it all makes sense.

Comment

Originally posted by EarleyBird View Post
                                This. Game wardens have never been exempt from the 4th Amendment. It's a "rural legend" that has been perpetuated for decades.

I know some people who successfully defended themselves against GW's lifting gates off the hinges and just coming right on in.

I never understood why people just blindly comply to this BS until the mask mandates. Now it all makes sense.
                                Yup

Comment

Working...
                                X