• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Good luck!!!!

Bisch

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Guess we know what happened to Jooger... Hopefully he can make it out the camper in the morning...

Comment

Originally posted by Deathrow Jethro View Post
        Guess we know what happened to Jooger... Hopefully he can make it out the camper in the morning...

[emoji1787]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Deathrow Jethro View Post
          I sure wish that was the case lol. We got zero'd last night. I have my opinions on it having something to do with the lock down going on. Then meeting my neighbor last night who has been hunting hard for 4 weeks he doesn't think it's gotten started yet. Here's what I know. All the cameras that we have in the timber were popping yesterday evening and all the ones on a field edge 0'd. That's classic lock down stuff to me. I'm headed back to the river this morning and have my wheel bow by accident. I cleared my truck out so Christina had room and left my recurve on the top bunk at camp. SO... I'll hunt the river this morning and this evening I'm putting my scouting from earlier to work. There's a thicket on the side of a big ridge that has to have one living in it. I'll be there this evening!

Comment

Just bumped the horns together a little for no other reason than it felt right. Mallards lighting on the river is the highpoint of excitement so far. Things should get going in another 30min or so.

Comment

First deer of the morning. Jus had a spike running a doe through the bottom.

Comment

Decided to bump the horns together and had a 6er come investigate. I need him to be 100" bigger and do the same thing. Turkeys on the road too

Comment

Total of 9 hens rolled through. Cams are all dead this morning. The weather is great so that's supporting my lock down theory. Make me excited about this evening.

Comment

Sure sounds like a "lock-down" to me too... Good luck this evening!!!

Comment

Bumped the horns again and here comes a spike on a string

Comment

Just had a really nice 2 year old 7pt run 4 does all over me for about 5min

Comment

And here comes the cows... If they pass through I'll stay a while. If they set up shop I'm out.

Comment

Pics wouldn't load while I was in the bottom. Headed to get a bite and probably gonna get in the climber early.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Signal is trash in here so if it'll even let me post I'll have to share pics after the hunt. But let me tell you about this spot!

SE OK is loaded with ridges and bluff creeks. There's a river on one side of our property and a deep creek bed that is usually flowing but currently mostly dry that snakes right through the middle of us. There's about a 200' elevation change that occurs over about 200yds from me. This ridge all but bluffs off just to my east and that whole side is just a thick tangled mess. The ridge itsself is covered in mixed hardwoods snd it's thick but not tangled if that makes sense. I'm 10 yards off of the lip of this ridge. When I found this it was littered with sign and the hickory's snd black walnuts were dropping. There's still some sign but it's more like what I would call buck trails. It's the perfect place to cruise through thick cover and scent check thicker cover. OR, if a buck has a girlfriend bedded in the nasty he might bring her up here for a date without every buck in the woods seeing them on s field edge. I've kept this spot in my pocket and I'm finally getting to hunt it. I feel like it'll be better in the mornings but it sure is the sneaky kind of place I like to hunt! I'm only about 12-15' up and could easily get busted but I'm gonna make the best of it. I'm hunting the way I love to hunt now!!!

Comment

Sounds like a good plan to me! Drill one!

Comment

Working...
                                X