No announcement yet.

LeBlanc’s

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Oh LORT!! This thread is a classic!! I figger'd once season opened, y'all would calm down a bit... Some o y'all needs ta git out in da woods!! My sides hurt from laughing after reading thru this thread!

I'm way overdue for my Cajun food fix!! ...maybe this Friday...

For those who haven't tried the burger, let me tell you, it's serious food!! Good thing Terry seems not to want to franchise... Whataburger would be in trouble!!

Comment

Originally posted by manwitaplan View Post
      Stopped in yesterday about 1:30pm. You guys were busy. First time there and the food was great. Voodoo shrimp, Boudain balls, catfish boat and poboy and gumbo. The food was excellent. Terry I asked if you were there and the nice lady at the front said you were but not sure where you were. Highly recommend.

BTW- did you kill that big hog on the wall? What did it weigh? My son and I have a wager on weight.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
      Sorry I missed you man. At that particular time I was making gumbo roux which takes me 1 1/2 hours to make. That is more than a 30 pound batch. When making roux you can only leave for a fire or bomb threat. LOL

Now the story on the hog.

We were hunting in Sanderson during mule deer season 1991. The guys that hunted our pasture before us had reported seeing a bear. There was 4 of us hunting and after the hunt one particular morning 2 of the guys met back at the truck and one of my friends told my BIL he had seen this big boar. Asked why he didn’t shoot it he told my BIL he wasn’t interested in shooting it. Well then my BIL said he wanted to see it. Fast forward they went over there and sure nuff BIL killed the darn thing. He was way down in a draw where he had his own little wollow which is hard to come by in Brewster County. They came to camp and got 2- 2x4x12s and the 4 of us left to go bring him back to camp.

We tied his feet together and ran the 2x4 through his legs and brought him out. 2 of us in the front and 2 in the back. It was all we could handle and figured him to be 350+. We walked him up into the back of the truck with the 2x4s overhanging both sides of the truck bed. When we drove into the ranch camp grounds it looked like we had shot a calf with those legs sticking up. BIL was hell bent on bringing the meat back and having it processed so we hung him in the skinning shack over night.

The next day the game wardens payed our camp a visit and had a lot of questions about the boar. One of them really turned in to a complete smart azz and doubted our story saying that he had worked that county for 23 years and had never heard of a single hog sighting. That’s when yours truly said that we damm sure didn’t haul him 400 miles from home just to kill him out here.

BIL wasted his money on processing (LOL) and eventually ran out of space in his game room so now he hangs in the restaurant. As a final note I’m sure this was the bear that the earlier hunters had seen.

Comment

Originally posted by Gumbo Man View Post
        Sorry I missed you man. At that particular time I was making gumbo roux which takes me 1 1/2 hours to make. That is more than a 30 pound batch. When making roux you can only leave for a fire or bomb threat. LOL

We were hunting in Sanderson during mule deer season 1991. The guys that hunted our pasture before us had reported seeing a bear. There was 4 of us hunting and after the hunt one particular morning 2 of the guys met back at the truck and one of my friends told my BIL he had seen this big boar. Asked why he didn’t shoot it he told my BIL he wasn’t interested in shooting it. Well then my BIL said he wanted to see it. Fast forward they went over there and sure nuff BIL killed the darn thing. He was way down in a draw where he had his own little wollow which is hard to come by in Brewster County. They came to camp and got 2- 2x4x12s and the 4 of us left to go bring him back to camp.

We tied his feet together and ran the 2x4 through his legs and brought him out. 2 of us in the front and 2 in the back. It was all we could handle and figured him to be 350+. We walked him up into the back of the truck with the 2x4s overhanging both sides of the truck bed. When we drove into the ranch camp grounds it looked like we had shot a calf with those legs sticking up. BIL was hell bent on bringing the meat back and having it processed so we hung him in the skinning shack over night.

The next day the game wardens payed our camp a visit and had a lot of questions about the boar. One of them really turned in to a complete smart azz and doubted our story saying that he had worked that county for 23 years and had never heard of a single hog sighting. That’s when yours truly said that we damm sure didn’t haul him 400 miles from home just to kill him out here.

BIL wasted his money on processing (LOL) and eventually ran out of space in his game room so now he hangs in the restaurant. As a final note I’m sure this was the bear that the earlier hunters had seen.

Greatness! That is a big nasty with huge cutters.

I will catch up with you one day.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Gumbo Man View Post

I had forgotten that you used to do those west TX hunts.

Comment

Originally posted by Bucknaked View Post
            I had forgotten that you used to do those west TX hunts.
            Yes I wish I had young legs again without the hardware in em.

Comment

Working...
            X