Rechargeable Hearing Aids

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by DaveC View Post
    Excellent input, I'll keep it in mind when my Phonaks die.

Uhm, do you have to be a Costco member to go this route?

I'm not opposed to joining, just currently not one- taint a Costco around me for a bit.
    Yes, you have to join ($60), and it was a 2 hr drive (twice), but Costco still saved me $4000 over my local doctor with same product made Phonak.

Comment

Originally posted by Burnadell View Post
      Yes, you have to join ($60), and it was a 2 hr drive (twice), but Costco still saved me $4000 over my local doctor with same product made Phonak.
      Roger that.

Comment

Do any of y’all wear glasses with these hearing aids? I have a lot of problems hearing people in noisy environments and need a set of hearing aids, but have been putting it off for quit a while.

Comment

I wear glasses driving and watching TV. That are not a problem.

Comment

Glasses aren’t an issue.

Back when the dr’s forced a mask during a visit- them masks could be renamed hearing aid removers. It was liked they were designed to strip them off your head.

Low riding ball caps will rub on the tube feeding the sound into your ear- that can be annoying.

High winds (like at the beach) will catch them kinda wrong too and feed in some wind over a microphone noise.
            But maybe they’ve gotten around that, mine are going on 4 years old.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by sticknstring View Post
              I’ve always had ones with batteries. I got my first rechargeable hearing aids last spring- I’ll never get batteries again! Another pro to rechargeable is they are sealed therefore much more resistant to moisture / sweat. For a more active individual this will be leaps and bounds over the battery models- something to consider if you are a sweater.
              That about sweater is interesting cause i had several battery type and all get to squealing and fail due to sweat..so i do without...might just try rechargeable pair thx for hint

Comment

Originally posted by Arrowsmith View Post
                I have the same ones. I have had them about 15 months. They have worked very well.

I just have the one charger that came with them. Is your second charger a battery pack type charger or does it plug in (USB)?

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk
                Mike, I bought the extra battery pack through Costco with the charger, but I found a Phonak (same thing) brand extra charger on eBay or Amazon (can't remember) just so I would have one in my truck at all times. I will probably keep the battery pack in the truck also. It gets 3-4 charges without plugging in once it is fully charged.

Comment

Originally posted by Burnadell View Post
                  My Phonaks that I have had for 9 years have bit the dust, so I am buying some new ones, most likely at Costco...even though the nearest is 2 hours away.

My question is for those of you who have rechargeable hearing aids. Would you recommend rechargeables over batteries? Have you ever forgotten to charge them or been hunting/fishing where you were unable to charge them?

I have no problem carrying batteries in my truck, shaving kit, or wherever so I know I will always have the use of my hearing aids without having to wait on the charge. However, I know the latest, greatest thing is rechargeable ones. I read one report from Saltwater Slick who thinks like me.

Rechargeable has been a game changer. The aids with batteries are always getting wet with sweat and I would have to take them out and dry them.
                  Rechargeable is sealed and no issues. Charge then at night while you sleep.

Comment

I agree!

Comment

Working...
                    X