Rechargeable Hearing Aids

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Burnadell View Post
    Froggy...where do you find these pictures?
    That's me when I was younger.

Comment

Well, that ay be okay since I can charge them in my truck or wherever i have my 'puter...or with a charging bank in y hunting blind.
      That is correct! USB makes it very convenient if needed.

Comment

Rechargeable Here

I love them. I’ve had hearing aids for last 20 years. The ones with batteries were a PIA, every time I would sweat the batteries would get wet and they would go haywire. Rechargeable is sealed and no problems.

Comment

Originally posted by Hogmauler View Post
          Rechargeable from the V A. I think the brand is Oticon.
          Thats what I have. Love them. The charger will charge them 2 nights in a row without being plugged in. So when I go to the lease I just grab it leave the cord. I hated having batteries.

Comment

My audiologist (not at Costco) told me the rechargeable Phonaks that he sells need to be recharged daily. I want to hear some personal experiences of whether the charge giving out at an inconvenient time is that much of a negative.
            Don't know about the charging station having a reserve charge that would recharge the aids without being plugged in, but I have the rechargable Phonaks and have worn them for 3+ years. Not a single time have they gone dead on me. Only issue I've had was the wire from the behind-the-ear part to the ear plug broke once.

Comment

Rechargeable Hearing Aids

Originally posted by Huntindad View Post
              I have the battery ones. a friend has the rechargeble ones and said the charging station will charge them for 2 or 3 days without power. Guess the charging station has a built in charger.

I have this set up.
              The charger is also a portable charging station that can supposedly recharge them 4x.
              I haven’t tested that, but seem to have plenty of battery level yet after at least a couple.
              I also have a plug in charger only that I leave in my away from home duffel bag.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

I have Beltone ones, Case holds 5 days worth of charges, They last about 20 hours per charge and will go 8 hours on a 20 min charge in the box. Recharges with a USB cable into a box/110 or into computer.

Comment

Well, thanks for all of your input. I have an appointment Friday at Costco in Rockwall...about 1 3/4 hours from me. I am pretty convinced I will get the Kirkland Signature 10.0 for $1400 which is compared to the top Phonak Audeo Lumity which my Audiologist sells for $5300. I found that I can buy an optional battery charging bank that holds 3 days worth of charges.

We will see.

Comment

Update

To update this after asking you all for information ( I hate it when folks ask us questions, then we never hear that they wound up doing ), I decided to get the Kirkland 10 from Costco. I am very pleased with them, and like the rechargeable function. I found another charger on eBay for 1/4 the price through Costco, so now I have one to keep in my truck and one in my bathroom.

So far, I can highly recommend the Costco Kirkland brand. I am looking forward to Bownanza 2023 since I can now understand what you goobers are saying behind my back!

Thanks for all of your input.

Comment

Good they are working out. I forget mine half the time when I leave the house.

Comment

My question is for those of you who have rechargeable hearing aids. Would you recommend rechargeables over batteries? .
                        yes sir!

Comment

Can you guys speak up a little bit I can’t hear you…..

Comment

To update this after asking you all for information ( I hate it when folks ask us questions, then we never hear that they wound up doing ), I decided to get the Kirkland 10 from Costco. I am very pleased with them, and like the rechargeable function. I found another charger on eBay for 1/4 the price through Costco, so now I have one to keep in my truck and one in my bathroom.

So far, I can highly recommend the Costco Kirkland brand. I am looking forward to Bownanza 2023 since I can now understand what you goobers are saying behind my back!

Excellent input, I'll keep it in mind when my Phonaks die.

Uhm, do you have to be a Costco member to go this route?

I'm not opposed to joining, just currently not one- taint a Costco around me for a bit.
                            Last edited by DaveC; 10-29-2022, 03:50 PM.

Comment

I have the same ones. I have had them about 15 months. They have worked very well.

I just have the one charger that came with them. Is your second charger a battery pack type charger or does it plug in (USB)?

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Comment

I have battery powered Phonaks. I don't think I have ever had to buy any batteries for them, the Dr's office where I got them gives me a box of batteries whenever I leave them with her to get the tubes replaced about every three months. I think I'd prefer the ones I have, only takes about a minute to stick a new battery in, no matter where you are. Only thing I didn't like about them was the price. Not many things are as pricey per ounce..lol...

Comment

Working...
                                X