No announcement yet.

10 day demand letter help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I’m wondering how many other people who have had this issue with them ?

Comment

Originally posted by rut-ro View Post
      Sounds to me like a search warrant needs to be drafted and served to the business. Take all documentation, computers, cell phones, files and anything else that may lead to where you trailer is.
      Youd think with the media having a handle on it now the SO would be wanting to get some property or money back

Comment

Originally posted by Quackerbox View Post
        Youd think with the media having a handle on it now the SO would be wanting to get some property or money back
        We are approaching election season

Comment

solid point!

Comment

That might get you some help if you played that card.

Comment

report it stolen with your insurance company. You will never see this trailer again. If you do get your day in court. They will file bankruptcy and walk away. They have set up a business that they have found a way to scam people. Intentional or not they know that they have people stuck. You walk away. They keep the trailer and the money. You push they ignore and they keep the money. Nothing that anyone can do to make them do anything.

Honest people get screwed and crooks get rich everyday all day.

Comment

Originally posted by CTR0022 View Post
                I think alot of yall are missing that there is a contract between vakay and the renter. This contract likely allievates all responsibilities from vakay to the renter while the unit is in the renters possession.

Think of it this way. You have a rental home that is being managed by a property mgmt company. You have a contract with them. The property management company rents your house to a renter. There is a contract between the property management company and the renter. If the renter destroys your rental house, stops paying rent, ect.... there is nothing you can to the property management company. In this case the rv is in wheels and no one knows where it is.

Now vakay is completely mismanaged the situation. They should be doing everything they legally can to help track the rv and get it recovered. But they are avoiding the situation. Likely bc the have alot of rv's out there in the same situation.

Id be hesitant on getting a lawyer, they will take 30% of what every you recover, and as other said, you probably won't recover much if anything.
                Rental House = Real Property, different laws apply than to a Travel Trailer = Personal Property.

Different rights of possession.

Comment

I think alot of yall are missing that there is a contract between vakay and the renter. This contract likely allievates all responsibilities from vakay to the renter while the unit is in the renters possession.

Think of it this way. You have a rental home that is being managed by a property mgmt company. You have a contract with them. The property management company rents your house to a renter. There is a contract between the property management company and the renter. If the renter destroys your rental house, stops paying rent, ect.... there is nothing you can to the property management company. In this case the rv is in wheels and no one knows where it is.

Now vakay is completely mismanaged the situation. They should be doing everything they legally can to help track the rv and get it recovered. But they are avoiding the situation. Likely bc the have alot of rv's out there in the same situation.

Id be hesitant on getting a lawyer, they will take 30% of what every you recover, and as other said, you probably won't recover much if anything.
                  I would think that the contract between the VayKay company and the actual owner of the trailer supersedes any contract signed between vaykay and a leasee. His contract ran out and the company now runs the risk of compensating the owner for non-contracted usage. The risk is the company's responsibility, not the owner.

Comment

Not many lawyers would take this on a contingency basis. It will be hourly, at least in initial phase. That is why it is crucial to know if DTPA can be asserted. That provides for 3X actual damages PLUS reasonable atty fees. Until someone evaluates the contracts this cannot be established.

Comment

Seems like this wouldn't be excluded from insurance coverage due to rental damage. This is pure theft. Hoping insurance would cover theft in ALL cases. I wouldn't even want the trailer back.

Comment

I think these vakay owners are about to haul butt to some unknown location! They probably have plenty of stolen funds from non payment to selling these rv’s to illegals. They are out of here! Never Ever would I do this with anything I owned- Especially with an RV- people are gross. If I couldn’t afford to own it with out renting it out , I just wouldn’t own it ( I know that’s not the case here).

Comment

…….and they are still updating their FB feed with marking just an hour ago……..

Wow………

Comment

Originally posted by Greenheadless View Post
                            …….and they are still updating their FB feed with marking just an hour ago……..

Wow………
                            Tiffany replies to e-mails. I've been asking her questions all morning. Was trying to see if she'd rent me Texastaxi's LOL No luck so far.

Comment

Originally posted by RiverRat1 View Post
                              Tiffany replies to e-mails. I've been asking her questions all morning. Was trying to see if she'd rent me Texastaxi's LOL No luck so far.
                              LOL

They're good at answering when they're in line for some money!

Comment

Unfortunately you'll probably be lucky just to get your trailer back. Most people who pull crap like this don't have a pot or a window to throw it out of. No sense throwing good money after bad. I'm surprised the popo got involved and didn't just tell you it was a civil matter.

Comment

Working...
                                X