No announcement yet.

10 day demand letter help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The news segment said the owners of Vaykay said they were flabbergasted about the allegations against them.

Sent from my SM-J737A using Tapatalk

Comment

So what did this BD Ron say when you went and asked him for money on the 30th when he was supposed to give you the trailer?

And have you tried just sitting in his office until he pays you? What can he say since he owes you tons of money? If he tries to make you leave just call LEO before he does.
      Be a royal PITA.

I don't understand how he can not tell you or the detective where the trailer is located. And when he says he doesn't know can the detective at that point flat out say "So it's rented out right now?"

I'm about ready to go have a talk with this guy in a very dark alley and it's not even any of my business.

Comment

I've been rooting for TT to get his trailer back but if it made Houston news we all know that they've swindled everyone and ain't gonna make right. Start the lawsuits but they can't pay.

Comment

FOX 26 Reporter Tiffany Justice spoke with two people who were involved with one local RV company.

Comment

I do believe I would stop … around and spend some money on a attorney. Good chance someone is living in your trailer not paying him and he don’t give a rat because it’s 2 -300 miles away. If there are other people in the same boat as you can you file a class action suit or talk to your district attorney.

Comment

Originally posted by stevieray54 View Post
              I do believe I would stop … around and spend some money on a attorney. Good chance someone is living in your trailer not paying him and he don’t give a rat because it’s 2 -300 miles away. If there are other people in the same boat as you can you file a class action suit or talk to your district attorney.
              No judge would certify a class, but Kevin you need to take your paperwork and all correspondence to a lawyer. This includes your insurance policy to see if you disclosed/have coverage for rental.

Comment

I don't wish ill will on anyone, but I hope Ron and Tiffany mental misery.
                Nothing but liars and thieves.

Comment

What baffles me is how they can have rental contracts signed by somebody but not know who has it or where it is. How do they get paid?

Sent from my SM-G991U using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Speedgoat View Post
                    What baffles me is how they can have rental contracts signed by somebody but not know who has it or where it is. How do they get paid?
                    They know who has it and exactly where it's at. I think they're smart enough to know that if they disclose that information that some owners (like me) would be headed to that location to get their trailer.

Comment

Originally posted by Texastaxi View Post
                      I haven't checked into it, because I don't want to raise any flags, but someone has already mentioned that since I was basically leasing out the trailer, the insurance might not cover it.

Criminals have more rights than the honest man, in today's society.
                      Maybe Quackerbox will give us an opinion on this.
                      Sadly this is the case. Thats why we have murderers out on bond committing more murders.

From the news story it seems like theyre doing this to lots of people. If there was a way to get all the complainants together and bombard the investigator or show up at the sheriffs office maybe that would help. Its sad its came to this but something needs to happen. Its BS vakay is getting away with it so many times.

Theft, deceptive business practices among other things come to mind for criminal charges. Unfortunately, Kevin I dont think youre gonna see any money. The whole blood from a turnip comes to mind.

Have they at least reported the trailer stolen for you?

Comment

Originally posted by Quackerbox View Post
                        Unfortunately, Kevin I dont think youre gonna see any money. The whole blood from a turnip comes to mind.

Have they at least reported the trailer stolen for you?
                        I feel like I knew this would be the result going into this. If they can't keep up with payments when they have money (more than twice the amount they need to pay us) coming in every month, they'll never have money to pay us. It's been spent and is long gone.

They have not reported it stolen. Yet.

Comment

I feel like I knew this would be the result going into this. If they can't keep up with payments when they have money (more than twice the amount they need to pay us) coming in every month, they'll never have money to pay us. It's been spent and is long gone.

They have not reported it stolen. Yet.
                          It sucks man and it shouldnt be this way. There is no reason for someone who works for their money to be put into a position like this. I think its gonna take a civil suit that will cost more money to see anything out of it. But even then how long is that going to take

Sometimes a fair and speedy trial needs to have the charged drug out to pasture and put out of everyone's misery.

Comment

Can you and the detective meet with the owners again?

Why can't the detective tell the guy it's a stolen trailer at this point? And force him to tell the location?

Comment

They know who has it and exactly where it's at. I think they're smart enough to know that if they disclose that information that some owners (like me) would be headed to that location to get their trailer.
                              Sounds to me like a search warrant needs to be drafted and served to the business. Take all documentation, computers, cell phones, files and anything else that may lead to where you trailer is.

Comment

I think alot of yall are missing that there is a contract between vakay and the renter. This contract likely allievates all responsibilities from vakay to the renter while the unit is in the renters possession.

Think of it this way. You have a rental home that is being managed by a property mgmt company. You have a contract with them. The property management company rents your house to a renter. There is a contract between the property management company and the renter. If the renter destroys your rental house, stops paying rent, ect.... there is nothing you can to the property management company. In this case the rv is in wheels and no one knows where it is.

Now vakay is completely mismanaged the situation. They should be doing everything they legally can to help track the rv and get it recovered. But they are avoiding the situation. Likely bc the have alot of rv's out there in the same situation.

Id be hesitant on getting a lawyer, they will take 30% of what every you recover, and as other said, you probably won't recover much if anything.

Comment

Working...
                                X