No announcement yet.

Look at how much money we saved!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hmmmm I have 2 bass boats and probably 15k in rods reels and tackle. She knows about all of it and I dont ask what she spends money on. Lol. But I did get deals on both boats!

Comment

“that’s good babe, I’ll take what you saved and go buy me a new gun.”

Comment

I joke that I married my wife because she is cheaper than me. If we need something then we look for it on sale. It is still amazing that after you buy it how much you really didn’t need it. We are planning on retiring to the country and in the process of deciding on the stuff we now don’t need. It is almost overwhelming. Going to be a heck of a sale.

Comment

A phrase used by alot of people in debt and who live on plastic. Banks love these guys

Comment

Originally posted by dale moser View Post
            i got a whole garage, safe, shed, deer camp, and truck…full of **** i probably don’t need.

I don’t even ask what she buys…
            x2

Comment

Originally posted by Dale Moser View Post
              I got a whole garage, safe, shed, deer camp, and truck…full of **** I probably don’t NEED.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
              And here my good fellows is a man with a good marriage!

Comment

Same here

I got a whole garage, safe, shed, deer camp, and truck…full of **** I probably don’t NEED.

My wife buys something...I buy something of equal or higher value!

Comment

That's like the government telling you that the budget they want to pass cuts spending when it really is cutting proposed spending but actually spending more than the year before.

Comment

Originally posted by 91cavgt View Post
                    If you don’t budget for the non-essential stuff then that is how a LOT of people end up in financial ruin, regardless of what your income is or how large your bank account is.
                    You definitely have separate bank accounts

Comment

Yep. We get an Amazon delivery daily, ain't none of it for me. I just keep my lid down and continue on. Also, I will never be able to retire

Comment

Best way to double your money is to fold it in half and put it back in your pocket.

Comment

While I am admittedly a member of the fairer sex, I’m not much of a spender.

I look at it like this: There are a few things in life I enjoy holding onto and watching it grow. Money is one of them.
                          Last edited by ThisLadyHunts; 09-14-2022, 04:43 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by S-3 Ranch View Post
                            Please come talk with my wife, her mother and sister!
                            I doubt it will sink in I been trying for 20 something years.

“ what’s all this stuff for ? “
                            “ oh HEB had a 1/2 off if we bought sour cream and popsicles combo “
                            “ but we don’t need sour cream and popsicles! “
                            “ yes , but we might “
                            My wife falls into this HEB scenario as well.

Another scenario is my wife will be returning something to the department store, only to come home with something else. Oh honey, I got a great deal on this new dress. The catch is not only did the store provide credit for the original return, they received more money out of my wife's pocket as the new dress that was "on sale" cost more than what was being returned. Ugh.

With that said, I'm with some of the guys here. There's some battles worth taking on and for me, this isn't one of them.

Comment

Reminds me of when I got my first Sam's Club membership.
                              Bought all sorts of tools and stuff I didn't need.

Comment

Originally posted by ThisLadyHunts View Post
                                There are a few things in life I enjoy holding onto and watching it grow. Money is one of them.
                                I ain't even gonna ask what the other thing is.

Comment

Working...
                                X