I'm ready to do some predator huntin.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by N.DaWoods View Post
    I want to take a coyote with my bow so bad. I have had a chanceand miss judged the distance, sailed it over his back.
    Now would be a good time to do it. Before the younger coyotes get wise to the ways of the world.

Comment

Originally posted by fish4food View Post
      Been hearing 3-4 different groups around my place.

Might just have to set out early one morning and see if I can get one to respond.
      I'm sure you'll be able to. You might get several to respond this time of year.

I went out one evening around the end of October several years back with the intent of shooting a coyote with a pistol. I called in 5, got excited and missed the closest one and stood up and 4 more were behind it that I never saw. Emptied my pistol and killed 0 out of 5. Not my proudest moment ever. There was coyotes running everywhere.

Comment

I’ve been catching a bobcat and coyote on my cam regularly lately, after my boy hunts youth weekend, I might start sitting late and putting a call out.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Bryan11 View Post
          I’ve been catching a bobcat and coyote on my cam regularly lately, after my boy hunts youth weekend, I might start sitting late and putting a call out.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
          It's worth a try. Hopefully you'll get something in. Heck if it's by your feeder there will at least be raccoons. At the end of your coyote/bobcat sit hit the raccoon fight sound. You might have a whole bunch of em running in.

Comment

We took 15 off our lease in 2 seasons, plus 3 bobcats. Killed about half calling, a couple just wandering through while we were hunting, and several more off of gut piles. Fawn retention has improved greatly

Comment

Originally posted by bullets13 View Post
              We took 15 off our lease in 2 seasons, plus 3 bobcats. Killed about half calling, a couple just wandering through while we were hunting, and several more off of gut piles. Fawn retention has improved greatly
              They can be pretty rough on those little deer. My buddies grandpa set a trail camera by a coyote den one year and I forget how many he caught on camera taking fawns back to that den. Quite a few. More than anyone running a deer lease would like no doubt.

More than 30 if I remember correctly. Of course that was during a drought so there were deer kicking their young ones off so they'd have died anyway but still. They kill their share of fawns.
              Last edited by okrattler; 10-11-2022, 09:08 PM.

Comment

I have a dang Foxpro that I've not used for coyotes.
                Tried it on hogs without success.

Comment

I don't know about the hog deal. I know it can be done but I haven't seen it done or done it myself. You can get you some coyotes killed with that FoxPro though for sure.

Comment

Working...
                  X