A month too late/soon!! DANGIT!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by RiverRat1 View Post
    So deer are running around and you think they're rutting but you have not seen any actual humping.. Got it. Carry on.
    Well maybe not. I’m still learning.

Comment

Originally posted by RiverRat1 View Post
      So deer are running around and you think they're rutting but you have not seen any actual humping.. Got it. Carry on.
      So during what you say is the rut, where ever you hunt, do you see deer actually "humping" on a routine basis??
      Do you think that deer actually "humping" is the only sign that the rut is starting to take place or IS taking place??
      You may want to go research this topic some before you answer..

But surely you are not being serious!!

Comment

Originally posted by Bucknaked View Post
        It’s also been documented by scientific studies that deer can’t be aged by their teeth!
        Now you done went and done it!!!

Comment

But TP&W is obviously confused as well. But what do those guys know!!
          Attached Files

Comment

Can't we all just get along?

Comment

Originally posted by asu-indian View Post
              But it's just to much fun stirring the "biologists"!!
              Happens every year...

Comment

Originally posted by asu-indian View Post
                Too many folks are willing to die on hills that don't matter one iota either way!

Comment

I watched a buck mount a mature doe two weeks ago (August) in Lavaca County as her fawn stood by and watched. Way earlier than normal as never seen anything earlier than last 7-14 days
                  Proud member since 1999

Gary's Outdoor Highlight of 2008:

http://discussions.texasbowhunter.co...highlight=GARY

Comment

Originally posted by Gumbo Man View Post
                    But TP&W is obviously confused as well. But what do those guys know!!
                    Man, that looks familiar……… ^^^^^^^

Comment

Originally posted by GARY View Post
                      I watched a buck mount a mature doe two weeks ago (August) in Lavaca County as her fawn stood by and watched. Way earlier than normal as never seen anything earlier than last 7-14 days
                      I have a place north of Halletsville and the rut is in full swing every year when bow season opens. That does seem a little earlier than in the past. Maybe just eager to be the first one in line

Comment

Originally posted by ttaxidermy View Post
                        For the knuckle heads who always want to argue..

Pot, meet kettle! [emoji12]

Comment

When I hunted near Edna for ten years this whole early rut drove me crazy. Mid September I would show up to top off feeders and bucks would be chasing does. First and second weekend of October and they were running like crazy. I remember one season they were done after the first week of October. Crazy. I was happy to move on to South Texas after that stint where I could hunt an entire rut and not miss something.

Comment

I want to love the charts, but TPWD doesn't do themselves any favors as far as being referenced as an authoritative source. You can find like seven different versions of ecological region maps from them, and they're not slightly different but drastically different. Depending on which of their maps you believe, my place might be in the Panhandle, the Rolling Plains, the Red Rolling Plains, the South Rolling Plains, the Cross Timbers, or the Edwards Plateau!

With that highly qualified, scientific opinion in mind, TPWD can say with absolute authority that rut is sometime between November and January

I don't know how any of us would ever kill a deer without all these graduate degreed biologists who can't even decide on the ecological regions of Texas.

Comment

Originally posted by ByronB View Post
                              When I hunted near Edna for ten years this whole early rut drove me crazy. Mid September I would show up to top off feeders and bucks would be chasing does. First and second weekend of October and they were running like crazy. I remember one season they were done after the first week of October. Crazy. I was happy to move on to South Texas after that stint where I could hunt an entire rut and not miss something.

Not much has changed here . Most of the time it’s winding down come opening weekend at the house .

Comment

What geographical phenomenon drives those coastal deer to rut so much earlier?

Seems like I’ve read it before, but I forgot.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                                X