• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Stihl

Comment

Have had my MS-270 Farm Boss Stihl for 21+ years
      My 0.2 cents.
      1. Don’t put bad/low grade gas, gas additive and bar oil in it.
      2. Take brakes when cutting, while it’s cooling sharpen the blade.
      3. clean carb & spark plug after every 8-10 jobs, depending on how often & job size.
      4. Rotate the bar every 8-10 uses depending on how frequently used & job size.
      5. Take it to a pro and have them clean and tune it once every few years. Again, depending on how frequently used and job sizes.

Comment

I love mine! I run them about 250 days a year. I use Husqvarna mixing oil with 91 octane gas - 2 gallons at a time - and the cheapest bar & chain oil that I can buy. Skip tooth chain so that it takes half as long to sharpen. My saws are never pampered, more like abused, with respect.

Comment

Originally posted by mikemorvan View Post
          This. Read the starting instructions, use TruFuel, good to go.
          I use exactly this as prong 1 of my plan.

Prong 2 is my Milwaukee electric.

Prong 3 is a high quality limb saw….we bought a Silky (cry once) and an echo

Th last rule is to buy enough chains and bars when you get a new saw to equal the purchase price of the saw.

You’re gonna need them….
          Last edited by Atfulldraw; 09-03-2022, 08:28 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Ryan81 View Post
            Got a small stihl with the toolless chain tightener that I like.

The bigger echo I have has given me nothing but fits. Starts and runs great but it won’t keep a chain tight for nothing. Different chains, new chain tensioner and still won’t stay tight. Ive let others use it and they have the same issue.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
            Are you doing it right?

Tilt the bar up when tightening - that’s the direction force is applied when cutting.

Comment

Originally posted by Bear Charge View Post
              Usually, when you fix something, you feel proud. When it comes to a chainsaw, I'm still mad at it after it's fixed..r
              You cuss it for not starting and then cuss it for starting!
              Lol

Comment

I buy the $120 versions, a sack full of chains, and run a high octane non ethanol gas mixture, mixed less oil, then I burn them up !

It cuts like Hell until it blows

Comment

And if it doesn’t have a primer bulb, **** on it

Comment

Ive spent more Poulans than I care to say. I have a Echo CS 2511P thats a beast and I run only premix, runs WFO in 4 pulls everytime. I have Stihl battery pole saw and the battery finally gave up, new battery and its ready to cut fencelines

Comment

Working...
                    X