No announcement yet.

I hate Chainsaws

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I shake my trufuel cans vigorously before adding. It is just physics that it will separate if left sitting for long periods of time. Just a guess.

I want to pull the $ trigger on the makita one. Just have not done it.

Comment

Originally posted by Smokeater View Post
      Had a poulan pro last me 13 years!lol Keep the ethanol chit out of em, use green stabil in the gas year-round and it don't hurt to start em up once in a while in the off season. It ain't the saws fault y'all, take care of it!lol Like anything else that you want to keep working right.
      I borrowed a buds when my echo gave me problems. That poulan wouldn't die. Tough little machine. Ending up buying a brand new carb on ebay for $20 and echo is running well (for now!).

Comment

I love them, buy a Stihl pro level saw and run quality fuel. I love let my saw sit for 7-8 months and it cranks right up. I generally do try to run my saws once a month just to run them.

Comment

Originally posted by Graysonhogs View Post
          I only use it for my weed eater but I can see where that would be a problem with a chainsaw

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
          It’s a problem with all 2 stroke’s! But you won’t know if you only use pre-mix

Comment

Originally posted by SmTx View Post
            Think she's the one that pointed out why so many homeowners have problems with sthil weedeaters. They're running a machine a little bit a week when it's meant to be ran 8 hours a day.
            Nah- most of the home owners that have problems with them don’t know how to take care of them.

Comment

Pre mix is a waste of money, but if you don’t use your saw much maybe it’s ok…

Comment

Originally posted by Bucknaked View Post
                It’s a problem with all 2 stroke’s! But you won’t know if you only use pre-mix

Works just fine. I used to mix my own.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Buy a Stihl, run Stihl gas and it doubles the warranty to 4 years.

Comment

Learn how to mix ur own gas. It’s not rocket science.

Comment

I’ve got a big limb down in the yard. Although I know my Stihl will crank right up, I have yet to convince myself that limb needs cut up and hauled off. I think maybe I’m the only one that understood your post correctly

Comment

Got a small stihl with the toolless chain tightener that I like.

The bigger echo I have has given me nothing but fits. Starts and runs great but it won’t keep a chain tight for nothing. Different chains, new chain tensioner and still won’t stay tight. Ive let others use it and they have the same issue.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Jon B View Post
                          Only pre-mixed fuel. Makes em much less of a PIA.
                          If you use it a lot you can mix your own BUT must keep pre-mixed close by and the second it doesn't start easy put it in. I've done this for 6+ years and Echoes still going strong and starting easy.

Comment

2 things I learned, use pre-mix fuel, I use VP racing pre-mix & KEEP the blade sharp. I’ve got a ms-250, it needs a crank seal but will start & run, want idle but will cut. Then I bought an Echo Timber Wolf. Use the Echo for everything, cutting, limbing. When you limbing with it, it’s not for the weak. It will wear you out!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

It always comes around and cuts. Even after a week of down time though, it gives me fits on the initial start.

Comment

Originally posted by RiverRat1 View Post
                                If you use it a lot you can mix your own BUT must keep pre-mixed close by and the second it doesn't start easy put it in. I've done this for 6+ years and Echoes still going strong and starting easy.
                                I have never bought premix, and have never had issues.
                                I have no idea why people call for the premix bs…

Comment

Working...
                                X