Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

PM sent

Comment

My wife bought me and elk hunt with Fishtail Ranch for my 50th. Shot the elk in avatar with 30-06.

Comment

Vermejo would be great hunt for yall but a little on the pricey side.
        I would not rule out Utah, some great ranches & beautiful country out there.

Comment

I would not use the .25-06. Yes, it can kill one but it’s not optimal. Don’t take the risk in a once in a lifetime hunt. Go with the 7mm as suggested or a .308.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by lmartin5 View Post
            Check out Wagonhound in Wyoming…

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
            Unless you have a ton of Wyoming points you can forget drawing that tag lol

Comment

Originally posted by trophy8 View Post
              Unless you have a ton of Wyoming points you can forget drawing that tag lol
              You will also need to get out your checkbook if you want to hunt the Wagonhound.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Comment

It would be worth giving Scott and Angela Denny at Table Mountain Outfitters a call here in Wyoming for what you are wanting to achieve.

Comment

He has a couple very nice ranches in the CO ranching for wildlife program that allows for any weapon use, any season
                  Last edited by Texans42; 08-24-2022, 05:58 PM.

Comment

[QUOTE=Chance Love;16368267]Thanks for the suggestions so far. Keep'em coming!

A west Texas hunt might be an option as well. Any recommendations for a Texas hunt?

Going to West Texas first week of October. Hopefully will have a good report for you!

Comment

Vermajo would be at the top of my list with that price range. First class.

West Texas would also work.

Comment

Unless I looked at it wrong, Vermejo is $18K for an elk. That's out of our range for sure.

Comment

Originally posted by Chance Love View Post
                          Unless I looked at it wrong, Vermejo is $18K for an elk. That's out of our range for sure.
                          You are correct. It was 12k to 15k few years ago. It's a great hunt to take the wife on. Amazing food and accommodation. IE took my wife and she was happy to go back a few years later.

Comment

https://discussions.texasbowhunter.c...ght=Broadmouth

Comment

for Texas I would look up Casey Smith on FaceBook, I think he is 10k for Elk

Comment

Originally posted by WyoBull View Post
                                It would be worth giving Scott and Angela Denny at Table Mountain Outfitters a call here in Wyoming for what you are wanting to achieve.

Sorry but I will not recc. them. They run leases down here and I've seen what they do to them.
                                I would send them to Iron Mountain Outfitters before TM.

Comment

Working...
                                X